Home General Discussion

Limited Service Request Analysts

Darren_OLearyDarren_OLeary Customer IT Monkey ✭

I am wanting to create Service Request Analysts and Activity Implementer roles in SCSM and Cireson Portal but only want members to be able to action the WIs within their queues.

I would also require the following :

• Team members to be able to create their own SRs via the Quick menu
  • Team members should be unable to change the Support group

I have a rough idea on how to initially set things up but require a definitive process including permissions.

Any assistance would be greatly appreciated.

regards,

Darren

Best Answer

Answers

• Justin_WorkmanJustin_Workman Cireson Support Super IT Monkey ✭✭✭✭✭

@Darren_OLeary - Analysts will always be able to create SRs if they have access to the Service Catalog or the +New button. You can isolate Work Items into queues using SCSM permissions. You would use a combination of restrictive Queues as defined in Library->Queues and limiting Security Roles by those Queues in Administration->Security->User Roles.

To restrict people from being able to change the support group, you will probably want to customize the SR form in the portal to either completely remove or at least disable the Support Group field. You will probably also want to hide the Assign to Analyst by Group task in the portal.

Custom Forms

Hide tasks - this isn't the exact code you'll need, but it should help to get you started.

• Darren_OLearyDarren_OLeary Customer IT Monkey ✭

Thanks @Justin_Workman,

I think I worked out what I wanted to achieve... but... it seems that for users who are in the User Role I created, they are unable to enter/search for and select a user in the Affected User field of the SR, which has been deemed in the MP as a Required field.

Is there something that I missed in the configuration of the User Role or somewhere else that would 'enable' the ability to search for/enter users in the Affected User field?

Also, I've also configured the User Role to only be able to use a specific SR template for the users, yet all other templates are available for them to select, and I presume, complete, submit and assign to other users or Support Groups.

Without being able to search for/enter Affected Users, I'm not able to test the template scenario to see if the User Role is able to save other template SRs.

• Justin_WorkmanJustin_Workman Cireson Support Super IT Monkey ✭✭✭✭✭

@Darren_OLeary - They may not be able to search for users if they don't have access to CIs in the user role.

What Task within the User Role would I be looking for?

Thanks.

I attempted to create a new group that only listed users within the team/department that would be applicable for the queue (based on AD users), but this didn't seem to work, so I did as you suggested and set for All CIs can be accessed.

Would be great though if I could limit the Affected Users to list only those that fit a specific criteria.

What about limiting the available SR templates so the users of the User Role can only utilise specific templates, even though I have configured this within the role already?