Home General Discussion

Default value for query result

Who can help me if is possible? I want set default value for query result list on the portal

Answers

• Justin_WorkmanJustin_Workman Cireson Support Super IT Monkey ✭✭✭✭✭

@Roman_Nepomniashchii - I have attached a small js customization that preselects an item on a query picker that is targeting users. Here is a screenshot of how I selected the grid to use in the customization:

• Alex_MarshAlex_Marsh Premier Partner Advanced IT Monkey ✭✭✭

I've just come across this whilst trying to sort something else, is it possible to use this with the new request offering picker? I've worked out a method of using the selection method here to populate some hidden form fields which map to runbook parameters to pad out descriptions, titles etc without resorting to automation which works great with the old picker, not so much with the new one!

• Stephane_BouillonStephane_Bouillon Customer Advanced IT Monkey ✭✭✭

I also need this to work with an Advanced Service Request. What are my options ? Ideally it should be possible to configure this is the Prompt Configuration Panel.

Stephane

• Stephane_BouillonStephane_Bouillon Customer Advanced IT Monkey ✭✭✭

An alternative would be to recreate the query source in a simple list, where it is possible to define a default, but this really defies the purpose of using a query.

Stephane