Home Configuration Manager

SCCM CB 1602 In Console Upgrade

NeilNeil Member IT Monkey ✭
Hi, I have recently moved my SCCM databases to SQL 2016, and apart from having a war with SSRS all is working well,

The issue I am observing is the in console update feature cannot see any further updates on the Microsoft site, there are no errors in the dmpdownloader.log log, it appears to be communicating and just cannot see any updates on the Microsoft servers,

Any ideas would be appreciated,

Thanks,
Neil

Answers

• NeilNeil Member IT Monkey ✭
    Answering my own question I ran this https://gallery.technet.microsoft.com/ConfigMgr-1606-Enable-043a8c50
    and it can now see 1606,

Cheers,
    Neil
  • wally_meadwally_mead Member Advanced IT Monkey ✭✭✭
    Hi Neil,

Glad you found that script. The product group had been slowly releasing 1606 in what they termed the "fast ring". They are soon to be opening up the slow ring for 1606 so everyone would see it. For those who decided to not wait, the script got you the fast ring support.

One other note for you, you do realize that SQL Server 2016 support has not been announced yet by the product group (at least I've not seen or heard that support yet). They always need some time to do final validation testing on new versions of products like Windows, SQL, etc. before they announce support. Hopefully that will be announced soon.

Wally
  • NeilNeil Member IT Monkey ✭
    Thanks Wally,

I know I'm premature with SQL 2016 but wanted start getting to know it as I plan to take the exams,
    So far no issues with SCCM running SQL 2016 on a remote server,

Cheers Neil
  • wally_meadwally_mead Member Advanced IT Monkey ✭✭✭
    Great, glad to hear that all has been working well with it. I have heard the same report from others, although I'd always wait for official support to happen, especially in a production environment.