Home Analyst Portal

Searching for elements by parts of the word (Portal)

Dries_WerckxDries_Werckx Customer IT Monkey ✭
edited August 2016 in Analyst Portal
When we want to look up a KB article which has the name "Protime" in the title, it does not suffice to search for "pro" or "time" or any other part of the word.
Only if you search for the whole word, will it return the right results.
Is there a sollution for this? Or is it coming up in a next update?

Best Answer

Answers

• Dries_WerckxDries_Werckx Customer IT Monkey ✭

I would recommend starting to use "Key Words" when creating your KB articles. You can then include "pro" and "time" in your list of key words. This will then provide these search results you are looking for.. :)

Hope this helps.

Regards,

Adrian

Is there no functionality that can be inserted in Cireson that allows searching for part of the title or description?
    This would be a huge performance booster. Else we would have to manually enter all the parts of the words in the title and description as keywords.
    Thanks for your fast response.
  • Adrian_PaechAdrian_Paech Customer Advanced IT Monkey ✭✭✭

Not that I am aware of. Searching words within words could provide many false positive results, unless there was some very clever logic around the way it searches.
    I might be wrong, but I fear this could also dramatically slow down searches where there is large numbers of KB articles.

I may be wrong though, Maybe its very doable without any impact on performance and results..
    The Cireson crew may have something else to add here..

Regards,
    Adrian

• Dries_WerckxDries_Werckx Customer IT Monkey ✭
    Thank you for your replies.
    After a brief discussion here, we are going to start using the keywords more thoroughly and are going to update our existing KB articles.

Shame it isn't implementable because our Knowledge Base is that extensive. But I can see the performance issues with companies that have a huge Knowledge Base.

Thanks again.