Home Service Manager Portal Feature Requests
We appreciate you taking the time to vote and add your suggestions to make our products awesome! Your request will be submitted to the community for review and inclusion into the backlog.

We recommend reviewing what is submitted before posting, in case your idea has already been submitted by another community member. If it has been submitted, vote for that existing feature request (by clicking the up arrow) to increase its opportunity of being added to Cireson solutions.

For more information around feature requests in the Cireson Community click here.

Knowledge Base - ideas for improvement

KA History

Enable a history view on all Knowledge Articles in the portal just like they have in the Service Manager console. That will make it easier to keep track of what changes has been made and who has done them. If I have created a knowledge article and somebody else make changes to it without notifying me, I want to be able to easily see that.

Wildcard searches

The ability to search for parts of words instead of having to enter the entire word will make it much easier for the users to find the information they are looking for. Right now a misspelled word from the user when searching or the person that created the KA will result in not hit for that KA.

Font, font-size and formatting

Give the administrator the ability under settings to define which font and font-size that should be used in all KA. Right now the default font in the portal is Arial and we want to be able to change this to the font that we use in our other documentation. Also when copying text from Word the format is changed in the portal, for example the spaces between text and line breakers is much higher which causes extra work from the KA creator having to edit this after the text have been copied over.

These are things that I feel would make the Knowledge Base more user friendly and also make administration of knowledge articles easier.

16 votes

Submitted · Last Updated

Comments

• Gabriel_LencesGabriel_Lences Customer Advanced IT Monkey ✭✭✭

Knowledge base needs a complete overhaul, there are countless awesome threads for improvements to the KB system like user/ AD scoping for articles , search and formatting options are lacking in the KA as you're stating, stuff like adding a file to an article is nonexistent (e.g. some sort of a template a user can download or whatever else) The knowledge base system should be re-made from scrach with a modern, 2020 user experience. There are just too many feature requests right now and I'm baffled to see the KB system being a bit under-supported. That's why we had to sadly transition to sharepoint regarding our KB, but it's not optimal as you can't really integrate that to the portal for stuff like searching right from the portal etc.

Upvoting this though :)

• Gabriel_LencesGabriel_Lences Customer Advanced IT Monkey ✭✭✭
    edited March 2020

Just to update this so my previous post doesn't look like a "rant" and actually looks a bit like a constructive one, here are some of the point's I'd like to see in a "Knowledge Base overhaul":

• Be able to add files in knowledge base articles
    • Let us configure "icons" for knowledge base articles
    • Provide a rich text editor with a lot more options
    • Be able to scope each individual KA to an AD group
    • Be able to redirect individiaul KA to external urls like you can with ARO's now.
    • Be able to paste images into the KA

I probably forgot something, but there are just too many posts and feature requests to make the Knowledge Base usable right now and there's no way if we vote by each feature request that it's gonna be "usable" anytime soon. I'd really love NOT to have our knowledge base on Sharepoint, but it's just so much flexible and customizable there.

Are there any plans to "rework" and improve the Knowledge Base as whole? Even no is an answer, just wondering if we can expect someting like this this year 😊

• CaterhamITSupportCaterhamITSupport Member Advanced IT Monkey ✭✭✭

Also allow separate knowledge base for each support group which can only be access by that support group group.

• Marek_LefekMarek_Lefek Customer Advanced IT Monkey ✭✭✭

In community, there is lot of ideas to improve. For me the most important are:

1. Upgrade text editor with option to clear format when copy/paste, better tables format.
    2. Ablitity to add files
    3. Ablitity to save pasted images on drive not as base64
    4. Allow link to anchor (headers) in artices eg. https://server/KnowledgeBase/View/182#!/#heading-2-article-enduser-content
    5. Easier linking option other KB pages with search option by title as @mention
    6. Option to use page template as templates in portal sendemail
    7. Ability to edit only each paragraphs
  • Sean_TerrySean_Terry Customer Advanced IT Monkey ✭✭✭

Be nice to set the owner who gets notified when there are comments added. If not an individual, the option to set an AD Group so that some sort of notification can be set to highlight possible changes that are required to the content.