Home Orchestrator

Get the OU of a Computer

T_R_Ash_McCan_1T_R_Ash_McCan_1 Member IT Monkey ✭

Hello all, how do you get the OU of a computer? I am new to Orchestrator, and am setting up a runbook that fires when a SCOM alert is triggered, and will get the incident, then get the computer for more downstream tasks. I'd like it to also grab the OU, but I'm having trouble getting that to work. If I link a "Get Organizational Unit" anywhere in the activity chain, it doesn't have any data to select or modify. Is this the best way to go about it? Or should I use a different method like running a powershell script to interogate that data?

Best Answer

• T_R_Ash_McCan_1T_R_Ash_McCan_1 Member IT Monkey ✭
    Answer ✓

Hi James, thanks for your response. I did get it working, but it was because I didn't have the AD Prerequisite Config set properly. Thanks again!

Answers

• James_JohnsonJames_Johnson Customer Advanced IT Monkey ✭✭✭

Hi @T_R_Ash_McCan_1

I think that Get OU is actually for getting the properties of a specific OU. You want to use Get Computer and then look for the OU information for that computer. You could strip it out of the DN for sure or it might include the published at field which should have it.

James

• T_R_Ash_McCan_1T_R_Ash_McCan_1 Member IT Monkey ✭
    Answer ✓

Hi James, thanks for your response. I did get it working, but it was because I didn't have the AD Prerequisite Config set properly. Thanks again!