Home Service Manager

Platform Cache not running? - Global Search config

Liz_RossLiz_Ross Customer IT Monkey ✭

So, I'm working on our Dev server and want to enable Global Search and configure it for testing. However, when I go to the Admin settings - Features page, it's entirely blank. I have the link for "Global Search Settings" , but on that page it tells me "platform cache is not running".

I was following the instructions on the blog post - https://cireson.com/blog/global-search-will-help-you-find-your-way/

I've logged into the server as an admin and the Platform Cache service was set to Automatic (delayed start). I stopped and restarted it just in case, but it doesn't seem to have made any change. I've attached the latest platform log if it helps.

Best Answer

• Geoff_RossGeoff_Ross Cireson Consultant O.G.
    Answer ✓

Hi @Liz_Ross

Its always great to meet a fellow Ross. All the issues point to the platform not running. Although the service is running, the application might not actually start if it has an issue loading. Sure enough, the log file contains an exception.

If you have support with Cireson, I suggest logging a ticket with the amazing support team who well be able to help.

Geoff

Answers

• Geoff_RossGeoff_Ross Cireson Consultant O.G.
    Answer ✓

Hi @Liz_Ross

Its always great to meet a fellow Ross. All the issues point to the platform not running. Although the service is running, the application might not actually start if it has an issue loading. Sure enough, the log file contains an exception.

If you have support with Cireson, I suggest logging a ticket with the amazing support team who well be able to help.

Geoff

• Liz_RossLiz_Ross Customer IT Monkey ✭

Will do, thank you!

• Shane_WhiteShane_White Cireson Support Super IT Monkey ✭✭✭✭✭

Hi @Liz_Ross

In addition to what Geoff has said the errors are pointing to a permissions issue with the Service Account.

You can see the permissions this account will require on ths KB:

https://kb.cireson.com/article/reference-remote-support-requirements-and-prerequisites/2443

Let me know if this helps!

Thanks,

Shane

• Liz_RossLiz_Ross Customer IT Monkey ✭

Thank you Shane! I'll take that to my admins too. I've opened a ticket with Cireson.