Home Events & News

New Support Home Page

Justin_WorkmanJustin_Workman Cireson Support Super IT Monkey ✭✭✭✭✭

Hello Cireson Community!

We've launched a new Home Page experience on our official Support Portal. We're calling it Support Central. We wanted to provide a single page for recent requests as well as some more direct feedback from the Cireson Support team. Please let us know what you think! Existing Support customers can reach the page here:

https://support.cireson.com/view/supportCentral

Comments

• Gabriel_LencesGabriel_Lences Customer Advanced IT Monkey ✭✭✭
    edited March 2020

Hi Justin,

I think I'd be great if we had roadmaps in some form right on top of the Cireson Support Central , for customers to be able to see what Cireson is actively working on, attaching a quick draft on what it could look like (of course with time periods like Q3, Q4 and icons that you put in the current roadmaps, this is just a quick draft 😊)

Regards,

G.

• Steve_WrightSteve_Wright Cireson Support Advanced IT Monkey ✭✭✭

@Gabriel_Lences Thanks for the feedback! That is useful information to have on the page.

We'll keep you posted.

Regards,

Steve

• Sean_TerrySean_Terry Customer Advanced IT Monkey ✭✭✭

Like it. Would love it if our Home page looked similar to this

• Justin_WorkmanJustin_Workman Cireson Support Super IT Monkey ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited March 2020

@Sean_Terry - I expected that response somewhere along the way. I plan on building something similar(with less Cireson-centric items) and posting it here in the coming days....

Are there elements that you would like to see on a home page that aren't currently on any of the existing portal home pages?

edited March 2020

@Justin_Workman I think for us it would be good to keep a customisable welcome section:

I would keep the search bar with the drop down option (our end users prefer this search option):

It would be good to have this more central (just under the search bar) :

Instead of Request Account it would be good to have something like 'Make a request' and you get to see the available SOs names and descriptions and then you see the ROs available, or it just takes you to a page that lists all the ROs available for SRs.

I guess it would be good to have something for CRs that would be available to certain groups.

It would be good to have a favourites button for frequent visitors.

The what's new and frequently asked sections are good. In our environment, these (along with featured articles) might be better placed on the right hand side slightly lower than 'Submit an incident' section.

I like the My Requests section, but maybe only the active tickets with a link to see all. I guess this section would be even better if there was a way to see if a ticket was updated recently by an analyst.

I'm not sure the Team requests section would take off in our environment (on the main page). Analysts are used to looking on the left hand pane.

@Shane_White's suggestion to change the left hand panel so it looked more like the Amazon functionality, along with an updated home page like this, would really bring the portal up to date. The updated left hand panel would provide more space for a better home page as well :)

I don't know how well this would work with other software like screen readers but it would be amazing if it supported users who use this kind of software.

@Gabriel_Lences Very nice work!!!

@Gabriel_Lences - That portal looks sharp!! That appears to be global search at the top. Is that correct?

It is indeed, the screenshot above is our testing environment though, where we always test the latest features and are currently waiting on the Global search to be optimized and improved upon, but our production env looks basically the same just without the global search enabled yet 😉

• Adam_DzyackyAdam_Dzyacky Product Owner Contributor Monkey ✭✭✭✭✭

That's some pretty fantastic work there @Gabriel_Lences

• Peter_MiklianPeter_Miklian Customer Advanced IT Monkey ✭✭✭

I think all this leads to admin (centrally) / user (personally) customizable page in form of dashboard consisting of (web) parts which could be moved using drag&drop to order in organization's / user's preferred layout, as @Gabriel_Lences mentioned. But I think this would require a lot of work and is kind of sci-fi for now.

• John_BeasleyJohn_Beasley Customer IT Monkey ✭

Justin,

Awesome work! I definitely would love something like this for our home.

Respectfully,

John

Thanks @John_Beasley! I'm working on something similar with some of the feedback from above and will post to the community in the coming days....

I wanted to share an update here. I have revamped our Support Home page again. It looks very similar to the way it did before. The difference now is I'm using some custom dashboard widgets that I'm hoping to publish very soon. The idea is you will be able to rearrange these custom widgets on a dashboard page(and mix them with existing dashboard widgets if you like 😉). Please let me know what you think about the new new Support Central page!

This design looks a bit cleaner than the previous one. I'm just a bit suprised you guys haven't themed your support portal in more of your corporate colors yet 😜😊

Will the dashboard layout be limited to those few layouts there are currently or do you plan to expand the layout options of the dashboards along with these widgets? Or will it be freeform thing like sharepoint?

@Gabriel_Lences - It will just be the widgets. Though I may share the method I used to create the custom layout for Support Central...😉

Awesome! Also , I really like the idea of the welcome message that's based on variables (like good evening etc. mentioning the name of the user as well - this is some good design!) . What are some of the widgets we as analysts can look forward to? As a user I'm able to see the "my requests" widgets now on the Support Central, I'm guessing analysts can look forward to "My work" or maybe something more? ☺️

• John_BeasleyJohn_Beasley Customer IT Monkey ✭

First Justin, Awesome work as always and yes please share the method used to create the custom layout.