Home Analyst Portal

Service Request invoking another Service Request for gathering predefined information.

Mike_LineMike_Line Customer IT Monkey ✭

I'm doing some research and would like to create a server request offering, that will ask the necessary questions to setup and create a new server. The way can imagine the workflow is using multiple request offerings for each department that is required for the full setup.

i.e. User is requesting a new sql server, and needs the security team and network team to also fill out the answers to questions required for the setup. Network team, will need to select routing options, like VLAN ID and other ACL related information and the security team will need to select options, like setting syslog, and AV options. Each team would need to fill out their own request offering and all data pushed to the original SR, or a new SR, and finally a Runbook activity that will create said server using all information gathered from all forms in the workflow.

Has anyone tried to do something like this? Any input would be greatly appreciated.

Thank you

Michael

Answers

• Justin_WorkmanJustin_Workman Cireson Support Super IT Monkey ✭✭✭✭✭

@Mike_Line - what I would do is probably use activities for this purpose including a custom form for the activities and even possibly a class extension for MAs. So the SR would have (at least) 2 MAs, one for the Network Team and one for the Security Team. I would send them the link to the DynamicData form for the MA(which can be accessed in the portal via <server>/DyanmiacData/Edit/<GUId of the MA>). I would have the MA form customized in such a way that they could enter their input there(this is where the class extension might come in). Then have the runbook process all the contained activities in the parent SR and perform the build using their input.