Home Service Manager Portal Feature Requests
We appreciate you taking the time to vote and add your suggestions to make our products awesome! Your request will be submitted to the community for review and inclusion into the backlog.

We recommend reviewing what is submitted before posting, in case your idea has already been submitted by another community member. If it has been submitted, vote for that existing feature request (by clicking the up arrow) to increase its opportunity of being added to Cireson solutions.

For more information around feature requests in the Cireson Community click here.

Send Email to Allow Property/Placeholder Fields from SR/Incidents

David_JohnsenDavid_Johnsen Customer Advanced IT Monkey ✭✭✭

I initially logged this as a fault as I assumed it would work, but I've been advised it is not possible.

Basically I would like to be able to include Properties from the Service Request/Incident in the Send Email feature.

When an email template is used on a automatic notification from Service Manager, you can include placeholders for properties, such as display name, call id, description contents etc. etc.

You can include these in the Cireson "Send Email" templates, however they do not work.

64 votes

Submitted · Last Updated

Comments

• Chris_JordanChris_Jordan Customer Adept IT Monkey ✭✭
    This would be a very nice feature to have.
  • Nick_FlintNick_Flint Customer Advanced IT Monkey ✭✭✭
    Plus 1 - This would enhance the communications with end users.
  • Marek_LefekMarek_Lefek Customer Advanced IT Monkey ✭✭✭
    Is there any workaround for now. As you send email notification from support.cireson.com with "Incident summary".

• Robert_OsterbergRobert_Osterberg Customer Adept IT Monkey ✭✭
    is there any progress in this feature @IT Monkey ?

• Kathy_MooreKathy_Moore Customer IT Monkey ✭
    Adding Properties from the Service Request/Incident to the Send Email feature would be great.
  • Jason_MeyerJason_Meyer Customer Advanced IT Monkey ✭✭✭
    Upvote!
  • Charles_BurtonCharles_Burton Customer Adept IT Monkey ✭✭

Upvote.

Who builds a template system with no variables values permitted? Customers need specific data from their work items to appear within each response to be valuable.

• Gabriel_LencesGabriel_Lences Customer Advanced IT Monkey ✭✭✭

How come this is not a thing in 2020??

We haven't been using templates from Send Mail functionality up until now and today when I went to create our first template I was completely baffled how this is not included in the functionality. The templates are just plain text without any support of variables which I can have stored anywhere in a word document and just ctrl c, ctrl v (like I do it now). So we won't even try using them , until this is implemented i guess.

Why would I use the 'template field' over copying text from other sources when it has no support of variables? 😔

Mr. Lences,

Happy to see similar sentiments. How a template system could be designed today without the ability to supply variables is beyond me. Without variables it renders the templates value to customers as minimal.

We have created a dozen standard templates for our support team which they refuse to use because of the extra work incurred due to the lack of variable automation. Frustrating.

• Nathan_DavenportNathan_Davenport Customer IT Monkey ✭

Has there been any movement on this? This would be useful functionality for my organization as well.

• Radek_NovakRadek_Novak Member IT Monkey ✭
    edited November 2020

Not correct, but it works.

At CiresonPortal\Scripts\forms\tasks\sendEmail\controller.js around l. 990

var strMessage = encodeURIComponent(_vmWindow.emailHTMLMessage)

insert new line above, for example:

var strMessageWIDetail ="<p><br/></p><p>For detail you can visit <a href='https://servicedesk.yourportal.com/"+ vm.type +"/Edit/"+ vm.viewModel.Id +"/'>Service Desk Portal</a>.<table><tbody><tr> <td height='20' colspan='2' bgcolor='#70AD47'>"+ vm.type +"</td></tr><tr> <td width='20%' bgcolor='#F2F2F2'>ID #:</td> <td bgcolor='#F2F2F2'>" + vm.viewModel.Id + "</td></tr><tr> <td width='20%' bgcolor='#F2F2F2'>TITLE:</td> <td bgcolor='#F2F2F2'>" + vm.viewModel.Title + "</td></tr><tr> <td height='10' colspan='2'><pre>" + vm.viewModel.Description + "</pre></td></tr></tbody></table>";

Be care that code must be in one line and standard quotes inside HTML changed to apostrophes.

You can use the variables available in the viewmodel, format text inline..

and change

var strMessage = encodeURIComponent(_vmWindow.emailHTMLMessage);

to: 

var strMessage = encodeURIComponent(_vmWindow.emailHTMLMessage)+encodeURIComponent(strMessageWIDetail);

This appends at the end of the HTML e-mail informations about workitem with link for edit.

Works with/without using templates.

Keep a backup, knowledge, the new version can replace your code.

• Peter_MuttenthalerPeter_Muttenthaler Partner Advanced IT Monkey ✭✭✭

Hi guys,

some upvotes from my side as well, any updates on this?

• Michael_CostelloMichael_Costello Customer IT Monkey ✭

Has there been any movement on this?