Home Service Manager Portal Feature Requests
We appreciate you taking the time to vote and add your suggestions to make our products awesome! Your request will be submitted to the community for review and inclusion into the backlog.

We recommend reviewing what is submitted before posting, in case your idea has already been submitted by another community member. If it has been submitted, vote for that existing feature request (by clicking the up arrow) to increase its opportunity of being added to Cireson solutions.

For more information around feature requests in the Cireson Community click here.

New security setting for annouchment operators in Cireson Portal

Rather than giving full portal administrator access to END USERS so that they can create announcements on the portal, can a new setting new created to allow a certain group to give Announcement administration access. The same kind of setting that was done for "create on behalf of".
9 votes

Duplicate · Last Updated

https://community.cireson.com/discussion/48/allow-portal-announcement-creation-updates-from-non-portal-administrators

Comments

• Cindy_BoyerCindy_Boyer Customer IT Monkey ✭
    Our Help Desk creates all the announcements, and for obvious reasons I don't want to give them admin permissions. The ability to give one support group other than admins the rights to create and manage announcements would be extremely helpful.
  • Amarjit_DhillonAmarjit_Dhillon Customer Adept IT Monkey ✭✭

Exactly, I don't want to give our service desk admin permissions to the portal either, they will end up changing crucial settings and I want to restrict access to administration screens.

Unfortunately this also removes their ability to create announcements on the portal. :(

• Sarah_KlindworthSarah_Klindworth Customer IT Monkey ✭
    It's wrong to have a service desk person have Sys Admin access to post announcements. Just too dangerous.
  • Jennifer_FloresJennifer_Flores Customer IT Monkey ✭
    A must have for our organization. This greatly binds our hands when escalating and trying to get information out to our users. 
  • Velda_WootenVelda_Wooten Customer IT Monkey ✭
    Our Service Desk is responsible for all announcement and I would not want them to have full admin permissions in order to accomplish this task.  Giving them the ability to post & manage the announcement without admin would be a great enhancement. 
  • Joe_BurrowsJoe_Burrows Cireson Devops Super IT Monkey ✭✭✭✭✭
    This is currently one of the top requests, and open on the below thread:

https://community.cireson.com/discussion/48/allow-portal-announcement-creation-updates-from-non-portal-administrators

Will close this one out but recommend voting for the other if you have not :)
This discussion has been closed.