Home General Discussion
Options

Asset management import connector

I use Asset management import connector for set ADUser "id"(I extended AD user class) from external DB but I need set all key field DisplayName, Domain, User Name. I can not change these fields, but only change the field that I need?

Answers

• Options
    Justin_WorkmanJustin_Workman Cireson Support Super IT Monkey ✭✭✭✭✭

@Roman_Nepomniashchii - Is there another table you can join to so you're not "changing" the data, but just supplying the values that are already present?

• Options
    Roman_NepomniashchiiRoman_Nepomniashchii Customer IT Monkey ✭

I find "This connector will update multiple existing items matching specified custom keys - Enable this to update multiple items with specified custom keys." I can set custom key example SID, but this field(SID) also override, I can override only options field and SID use only as key without override?

• Options
    Peter_MiklianPeter_Miklian Customer Advanced IT Monkey ✭✭✭

@Roman_Nepomniashchii you can always use quite simple PowerShell script to update only field you want. Combine Import-Csv, choose the correct object using Get-SCSMObject matching ID you want and use Set-SCSMObject to change only attributes you want.

Asset Management import connector is fine for common situation but you can do much more conditions and other stuff using your own script.

• Options
    Adam_DzyackyAdam_Dzyacky Product Owner Contributor Monkey ✭✭✭✭✭

Wholly agreed with @Peter_Miklian here. The Asset Connector really saves time in those simple CI scenarios, but there are some really awesome opportunities with your own PowerShell based connector of sorts.

This example from a couple years ago, but I'd like to think highlights a lot of the flexibility you get with PowerShell, SCOM, SCSM, and Cireson Asset Management.

https://community.cireson.com/discussion/1971/asset-management-relate-network-devices-to-locations