Home All Other Feature Requests and Ideas
We appreciate you taking the time to vote and add your suggestions to make our products awesome! Your request will be submitted to the community for review and inclusion into the backlog.

We recommend reviewing what is submitted before posting, in case your idea has already been submitted by another community member. If it has been submitted, vote for that existing feature request (by clicking the up arrow) to increase its opportunity of being added to Cireson solutions.

For more information around feature requests in the Cireson Community click here.

Integration with Microsoft Teams

Ryan_SmithRyan_Smith Customer Adept IT Monkey ✭✭
Are there plans to create an App ("Tab") Integration with Microsoft Teams? The SfB integration was great but as Microsoft transitions to MS Teams as the official collaborative and audio/video calling (Microsoft Phone System) suite, an integration with SCSM and even SCCM from that interface would be really useful.
31 votes

In Development · Last Updated

Comments

• Billy_WilsonBilly_Wilson Member Ninja IT Monkey ✭✭✭✭
    Actually had a client ask about having this in lieu of the Outlook Console. So definitely interest here. Got my vote.
  • Adam_DzyackyAdam_Dzyacky Product Owner Contributor Monkey ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited August 2018
    It's not as integrated as I think Ryan is getting at, but we've simply just added the Cireson SCSM portal as a dedicated tab within a channel. I haven't tried it with forms auth, but Windows auth seems to work just fine.
  • Peter_MiklianPeter_Miklian Customer Advanced IT Monkey ✭✭✭

@Billy_Wilson noted in another Teams Integration thread in April 2019 that it's under development.

• Gabriel_LencesGabriel_Lences Customer Advanced IT Monkey ✭✭✭

@Billy_Wilson any updates on this?

• Mikkel_MadsenMikkel_Madsen Customer Advanced IT Monkey ✭✭✭

@james_kleinschnitz and @Billy_Wilson  any update on this?

I don't know exactly what should this 'integration' cover but now in the time of COVID-19 when MS Teams usage hits its peak because of many people moving to home office/remote work this could be really hot topic.

I hope we can collect many good ideas, e.g. open Teams chat by clicking on icon next to (affected/assigned/...) user etc.

• Brian_WinterBrian_Winter Customer Advanced IT Monkey ✭✭✭

I like that idea. One-Click create an IR or SR from a Chat session.

Also, have a grid interface akin to the Analyst Portal as a Teams Channel.

Even integrate Knowledge into its own Channel.

I can envision a Support Team room with their KB channel, Tickets, and Affected Users listed for Chat.

• Matt_OvertonMatt_Overton Customer Adept IT Monkey ✭✭

Personally, I'd love to see some of the functionality from the Outlook console make its way into a Teams app. Love the thought of being able to add a tab to the top of our Service Desk team, or a dedicated channel as Brian has suggested, where we can view and work on our assigned tickets... Sure we can technically do this using a website tab that points to the Cireson portal, but to have something native and optimised for Teams would be even better.

• Adam_DzyackyAdam_Dzyacky Product Owner Contributor Monkey ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited April 2020

To me, Teams integration really means one thing -

• An SCSM bot that serves a host of different purposes
      • Frontline worker to help guide someone to a Request or Knowledge Article that only when required, redirects to an Analyst
      • An assistant for Analysts. e.g. New Work Item from conversation, New Work Item on demand, get a Work Item, Update a Work item, Get the last Action Log entry of a Work Item, etc.
      • An assistant for Activity Implementers e.g. Approve/Reject cards for RAs, Complete cards for MAs, etc.
      • A reminder of sorts, "You have a Work Item Scheduled to Start on..." or just throw it on your Teams calendar
      • If I'm thinking really lofty, it becomes a means to interface with your entire data center e.g. all System Center + Azure to do things like "get server status" or "get last patch time" or "get open problems".

The last point is really the pinnacle of using all of the tools together because you have Work Items with Impacted CIs, so you're just retrieving existing relationships but it's being phrased in a common sense way. This would require different level of Azure based AI to achieve, but I feel as though the pieces are there.

• james_kleinschnitzjames_kleinschnitz Cireson Dev, Product Owner Advanced IT Monkey ✭✭✭

We are currently reviewing what is possible for a Teams Integration. At the moment timelines and features of the integration are TBD but we are actively spending cycles on this and will update you as soon as we know more.

Please continue to share ideas on what/how a Teams Integration could add value to your organization.

Thanks

• Gabriel_LencesGabriel_Lences Customer Advanced IT Monkey ✭✭✭
    edited April 2020

I'd like to have the teams integration to include something along the lines of Tier Watcher / Notify analyst. Have a popup notification appear when "something happens". This something would be a set of notification choices set up by the connector which every user could turn on according to his preferences - turn on all of them, some of them , none of them.

Example of pre-defined notification popups

Work item you submitted was sucessfully created

Work item has been assigned to you

Work item has been assigned to your support group

Work item has been updated (when there's a new comment / private comment added etc.)

Work item status has changed from x to y.

Etc.

Clicking on the popup would redirect you straight to the work item for example. The possibilites are endless in my opinion :)

This wouldn't be beneficial for analysts only , as even end users would HUGELY benefit from this since they would receive popup notificaitons immediately when signed in to teams and wouldn't have to go through a load of mails.

I'd guess this'd have to be a Teams APP to work (so everyone can install it individually if they'd like), not a teams channel connector / tab.

• Mikkel_MadsenMikkel_Madsen Customer Advanced IT Monkey ✭✭✭

And just a simple present status in the workitem for the affected and assigned user would be nice too :)

I think this is where this topic continues and Teams Integration in form of a Bot starts its life: https://community.cireson.com/discussion/5663/sneak-peek-integrating-teams-to-service-manager :)