Home Analyst Portal

GetUsersGroups API Issue..

Ryan_Kennedy1Ryan_Kennedy1 Customer IT Monkey ✭

Hello,

I am wondering if anyone can tell me how this GetUsersGroups API works ... ?

I have successfully called the API however it does not list all the groups the user is a member of ...

I get 3 different result sets in our dev / uat / production environments. The 3 different sets do seem to primarily list groups that are related to that environment however some groups that have nothing to do with Service Manager (I think..) are listed in the results in one of the environments, some groups don't appear at all!

Thanks

Answers

• Geoff_RossGeoff_Ross Cireson Consultant O.G.

Hi @Ryan_Kennedy1

It should return all groups that the user is a member of that are in the CMDB via AD Connectors. Is the AD Connector setup different in each environment? Compare the groups you see or don't see to the total set of groups found in the Users section of the Console.

Geoff

• Ryan_Kennedy1Ryan_Kennedy1 Customer IT Monkey ✭

Hi @Geoff_Ross , the AD connectors are setup the same in each of the environments and I have confirmed that the AD groups are all in the CMDB under Config Items - Users. After reading another post about this, I have also confirmed they are all in the ServiceManagement database in the CI$DomainGroup table

Hey Ryan,

Very odd. I'm pretty sure that API executes this stored procedure

spGet_GroupNamesByUserId

Can you test what you get running that for the same user Id in each environment directly in SQL Management Studio?

spGet_GroupNamesByUserId on all 3 environments is giving me the same results for the user as it does by calling the API.

Ryan,

I think we should do a full resync of your users and groups. Can you do this in dev and see if it gets you the correct results.

First, stop the Cache Builder service and then run the following commands against the ServiceManagement DB:

TRUNCATE TABLE CI$User

TRUNCATE TABLE CI$DomainGroup

TRUNCATE TABLE LastModified

Then restart the Cache Builder service.

Important: This will prevent access for a short time until the Cache Builder has been completely restarted.

From https://kb.cireson.com/article/how-to-completely-re-sync-data-with-the-cache-builder-in-the-cireson-portal/1142

Hi @Geoff_Ross , same issue unfortunately ..