Home Analytics

Remove test data from CiresonAnalytics DB

Gerhard_GoossensGerhard_Goossens Customer Advanced IT Monkey ✭✭✭
Good day,

We have completed our testing and going live soon :-)

I have completed the following steps thus far:

• I have deregistered the Datawarehouse, uninstalled SCSM from the DW MS, deleted the DW DB's, reinstalled SCSM on the DW and registred it again.
  • I have removed the data from SCSM by running the following:
    Get-SCSMClassInstance -Class (Get-SCSMClass -Name System.WorkItem.Incident) | Remove-SCSMClassInstance
    Get-SCSMClassInstance -Class (Get-SCSMClass -Name System.WorkItem.Activity) | Remove-SCSMClassInstance
    Get-SCSMClassInstance -Class (Get-SCSMClass -Name System.WorkItem.ServiceRequest) | Remove-SCSMClassInstance
    Get-SCSMClassInstance -Class (Get-SCSMClass -Name System.WorkItem.Problem) | Remove-SCSMClassInstance
    Get-SCSMClassInstance -Class (Get-SCSMClass -Name System.WorkItem.ChangeRequest) | Remove-SCSMClassInstance

• I have removed the data from the Cireson Service Management DB by stopping the cache service and running the following on the ServiceManagement DB:
    TRUNCATE TABLE LastModified;
    TRUNCATE TABLE WorkItem;

The only thing I cant get rid off is the CiresonAnalytics data. I have searched on the cireson community and online without success.

I guess I can delete the DB and reinstall the portal, but really don't want to reconfigure the webserver and everything that goes with a reinstall.

If someone can help me with a couple of truncate command for the CiresonAnalytics DB it will be much appreciated.

Regards
    Gerhard

Best Answers

• Gerhard_GoossensGerhard_Goossens Customer Advanced IT Monkey ✭✭✭
    Answer ✓
    I know you would prefer not to but the quickest way would be to delete the Analytics DB and then just run the setup again as it will remember your settings from last time you ran it.
    The problem is that it also recreates the website in IIS. This deletes my SSL and URL Rewrite settings, it also changes some portal settings and I really don't have the energy to config and confirm all the settings. Also with the previous update, there were some SQL settings that was broken in the setup and this made everything to crash so I'm not really up for that.

I'm, sure there is a way to truncate the DB without going through all the effort.

Perhaps I should go through the setup files to see if I can find the SQL script that creates the Analytics DB...

I will post my findings if im successful.

Answers

• James_AtanceJames_Atance Cireson Support Advanced IT Monkey ✭✭✭
    I know you would prefer not to but the quickest way would be to delete the Analytics DB and then just run the setup again as it will remember your settings from last time you ran it.
  • Gerhard_GoossensGerhard_Goossens Customer Advanced IT Monkey ✭✭✭
    Answer ✓
    The problem is that it also recreates the website in IIS. This deletes my SSL and URL Rewrite settings, it also changes some portal settings and I really don't have the energy to config and confirm all the settings. Also with the previous update, there were some SQL settings that was broken in the setup and this made everything to crash so I'm not really up for that.

I'm, sure there is a way to truncate the DB without going through all the effort.

Perhaps I should go through the setup files to see if I can find the SQL script that creates the Analytics DB...

I will post my findings if im successful.
  • Peter_MiklianPeter_Miklian Customer Advanced IT Monkey ✭✭✭

@Gerhard_Goossens did you manage to clear the CiresonAnalytics DB without portal reinstall?

Maybe it would be worth to create feature request and ask Cireson this way to write some scripts/jobs to flush data from the database without need to re-create it, wouldn't be?