Home Analyst Portal - Community

Group Options for Admin Settings > Setting Items

Good Day All!

Doing a bit a maintenance and rework on our services portal.

With the groups that are listed under the Admin Setting and Setting Items, is it possible to list multiple groups, if so is the standard separation used (;)? If you cannot list multiple groups, can you use nested groups and have the user read properly, also on the same note, when considering group does it take into account spaces or do group names either need to be void of spaces or in quotations?

With Distance Learning being a real thing in the current state of things we are finding the need for more then just our standard analyst to be able to use the CreateOnBehalf function. In the past we only had it tied to the same group as our analyst.

As well, I am assuming that it require the cache to update; is a cache sync all that is required, or is a rebuild needed when changing groups?

Hope everyone is hanging in there!

Best Answers

• Nathan_BatesNathan_Bates Member IT Monkey ✭
    Answer ✓

Just wanted to make sure I updated the post.

The CreateOnBehalfGroup Setting indeed does allow anyone in the group to use the function encase anyone is looking for it in the future.

As well the timeframe was a bit hit and miss and I am not 100% on how long it takes to show up. The first edit I made did not seem to take (Even after hours of time) but when I re-did the change it took about 15-30 min before the change was fully realized. I can only assume because the coincided with a cache rebuild.

Answers

Justin,

Thanks for the response,

How long does it take once saved for the update to propagate to users?

Also, just to be clear, in order to give people the ability to submit requests as another person, the following setting needs to be change: CreateOnBehalfGroup

Thanks again

Answer ✓

Just wanted to make sure I updated the post.

The CreateOnBehalfGroup Setting indeed does allow anyone in the group to use the function encase anyone is looking for it in the future.

As well the timeframe was a bit hit and miss and I am not 100% on how long it takes to show up. The first edit I made did not seem to take (Even after hours of time) but when I re-did the change it took about 15-30 min before the change was fully realized. I can only assume because the coincided with a cache rebuild.

On this same topic, The field now show for the expanded group of users that I have set, the issue at this point is that the expanded group of users are not able to search or verify users, is this a rights issue in SCSM or via the portal.

Just want to narrow down where I am looking.

• Justin_WorkmanJustin_Workman Cireson Support Super IT Monkey ✭✭✭✭✭

@Nathan_Bates - That's an SCSM permissions issue. The user's don't have permissions to read CIs. They will need to be in a role in Administration -> Security -> User Roles that can read Configuration Items. A role based on End User should suffice to just give read permissions.