Home General Discussion

SCSM SSRS SQL

CaterhamITSupportCaterhamITSupport Member Advanced IT Monkey ✭✭✭

Dear All,

Can anyone help, i need to get fields for affected user and also assigned to user on my reports. I can do one or the other using the following but doesnt work with both (using same code):

WorkItemAffectedUserFactvw AS AffectedUser ON workitem.WorkItemDimKey = affecteduser.WorkItemDimKey LEFT OUTER JOIN

UserDimvw AS userdim ON AffectedUser.WorkItemAffectedUser_UserDimKey = userdim.UserDimKey

Any help with this is appreciated.

Daniel

Best Answers

• CaterhamITSupportCaterhamITSupport Member Advanced IT Monkey ✭✭✭
    Answer ✓

Dear Adam,

I changed your code as below and getting better results now. I moved the two where statements into the joins which seems to have fixed it.

Daniel

LEFT OUTER JOIN workitemaffecteduserfactvw as wiau on wi.WorkItemDimKey = wiau.WorkItemDimKey

AND wiau.DeletedDate is null

LEFT OUTER JOIN UserDim as affectedUser on wiau.WorkItemAffectedUser_UserDimKey = affectedUser.UserDimKey

LEFT OUTER JOIN WorkItemAssignedToUserFactvw as wiat on wi.WorkItemDimKey = wiat.WorkItemDimKey

AND wiat.DeletedDate IS NULL

LEFT OUTER JOIN UserDim as AssignedToUser on wiat.WorkItemAssignedToUser_UserDimKey = AssignedToUser.UserDimKey

Answers

edited May 2020

Dear Adam,

Thank you for the help.

Kind Regards

Daniel

That seems to have worked! Thank you for the code and also your guidance here.

Kind Regards

Daniel

Hi Adam,

If an incident has been accident to many different technicians it shows different lines in the report for each technician. Can it only show the current assigned?

Thanks for the help!

Daniel

• Adam_DzyackyAdam_Dzyacky Product Owner Contributor Monkey ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited May 2020

Yes - per my original query notice the WHERE clause that's being used. the "DeletedDate" property of those relationship tables keep track of when the relationship was broken (e.g. unassigned). Therefore the relationship that has a NULL date would be the current/final user.

Ok it clears out 2 of the four entries? Really appreciate the help with this.

You are right, i think it was the data warehouse taking time to catch up.

Thank you for all the help.

Kind Regards

Daniel

Hi Adam,

I hope you are ok, im still having problems with this actually.

When I put in:

and wiau.DeletedDate is null
    	and wiat.DeletedDate is null

It doesn't show up all the records where as when i put it in it shows duplicates with other assigned people to the ticket and not the actual assigned person as it is at the moment?

Are you able to offer any help?

Daniel

edited May 2020

This is my SQL code:

FROM      IncidentDim 

LEFT OUTER JOIN entitydim as e on IncidentDim.EntityDimKey = e.EntityDimKey

LEFT OUTER JOIN workitemdim as wi on e.EntityDimKey = wi.EntityDimKey

LEFT OUTER JOIN workitemaffecteduserfactvw as wiau on wi.WorkItemDimKey = wiau.WorkItemDimKey

LEFT OUTER JOIN UserDim as affectedUser on wiau.WorkItemAffectedUser_UserDimKey = affectedUser.UserDimKey

LEFT OUTER JOIN WorkItemAssignedToUserFactvw as wiat on wi.WorkItemDimKey = wiat.WorkItemDimKey

LEFT OUTER JOIN UserDim as AssignedToUser on wiat.WorkItemAssignedToUser_UserDimKey = AssignedToUser.UserDimKey

WHERE    

AND (wiau.DeletedDate is null)

AND (wiat.DeletedDate is null)

ORDER BY IncidentDim.CreatedDate DESC

Dear Adam,

I went through a process of rebuilding the datawarehouse before would this affect data that is shown on the reports? I am trying to identify if new tickets are ok and old are not now.

When I rebuilt the datawarehouse there was still test tickets in the scsm databases.

Daniel

Answer ✓

Dear Adam,

I changed your code as below and getting better results now. I moved the two where statements into the joins which seems to have fixed it.

Daniel

AND wiau.DeletedDate is null

AND wiat.DeletedDate IS NULL

• Adam_DzyackyAdam_Dzyacky Product Owner Contributor Monkey ✭✭✭✭✭

If you're still seeing test tickets from early on, it sounds like your core SCSM Grooming settings are a bit large. You can adjust these settings from the SCSM Console

Administration -> Settings -> Data Retention Settings

There you'll find the retention for each Work Item class along with the History retention. In general, you'll want to keep all of these numbers as low as you possibly can. The faster you groom, the more lean your SCSM deployment will be. However this comes at the potential cost that people looking for "old" Work Items may not find them because they get groomed out so quickly. So this is a bit of a balancing act.

But glad to hear you got this sorted.

edited May 2020

Hi Adam,

Thanks for this but this is definitely sorted now with the change in SQL coding moving them from where part to joins. Thank you for all the help with this, its really appreciated.

Kind Regards

Daniel