Home Service Manager Portal Feature Requests
We appreciate you taking the time to vote and add your suggestions to make our products awesome! Your request will be submitted to the community for review and inclusion into the backlog.

We recommend reviewing what is submitted before posting, in case your idea has already been submitted by another community member. If it has been submitted, vote for that existing feature request (by clicking the up arrow) to increase its opportunity of being added to Cireson solutions.

For more information around feature requests in the Cireson Community click here.

Allow Skype for Business/Office 365 Presence Bubbles to Appear in Cireson Portal

Jonathan_BolesJonathan_Boles Customer Ninja IT Monkey ✭✭✭✭
Request to allow Skype for Business/Office 365 Presence Bubbles to Appear in Cireson Portal beside analyst/usernames. The ability to chat with users and the ability to save those chats to the work items would be incredibly useful!
74 votes

Completed · Last Updated

Teams user presence is available with v10.3 of the portal. https://cireson.com/blog/teams-integration-for-scsm-is-live-with-v10-3/

Comments

• Adam_DzyackyAdam_Dzyacky Product Owner Contributor Monkey ✭✭✭✭✭
    Said integration would quite literally be insane...

Insanely amazing!
  • Jonathan_BolesJonathan_Boles Customer Ninja IT Monkey ✭✭✭✭
    Said integration would quite literally be insane...

Insanely amazing!
    Lol, yes - I'm sure the development required would be quite intensive but I'm hoping that since Cireson is a Microsoft Partner this is something they would be able to pull off in a future release. I'm pretty sure our Service Desk Analysts would love not having to constantly flip back and forth.
  • Tom_HendricksTom_Hendricks Customer Super IT Monkey ✭✭✭✭✭
    I had already voted this up a while back, but had a discussion with my users today that really underscored the usefulness of this--both the presence and the saving of chats to the action log.  I honestly thought the latter was already a feature of the Skype Add In, until I began testing it.

Please show this one some more love!
  • David_JohnsenDavid_Johnsen Customer Advanced IT Monkey ✭✭✭
    Excellent idea!
  • Sean_TerrySean_Terry Customer Advanced IT Monkey ✭✭✭
    Great idea. Our staff really miss this.
  • Leigh_KildayLeigh_Kilday Member Ninja IT Monkey ✭✭✭✭
    Last week I had two people ask me for this independently.
  • Adam_DzyackyAdam_Dzyacky Product Owner Contributor Monkey ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited May 2017
    Have an almost working version of this working over here. If anyone here could help out with Presence we may be able to solve this as a community.
  • Jonathan_BolesJonathan_Boles Customer Ninja IT Monkey ✭✭✭✭
    @seth_coussens, I noticed this hasn't yet made it to the product road map or changed status - any idea of when this will make it on the backlog as an out of the box feature? Or where this currently stands?

• seth_coussensseth_coussens Member Ninja IT Monkey ✭✭✭✭
    @Jonathan_Boles
    While it's working it's way up to the top, it's not yet one of the top 5 requests and has not been accepted into the backlog yet. We are hard at work on version 8 right now and looking for a release there the first we of july. After the dust settles there we will be updating the roadmap through the middle of next year.
  • Justin_ClarkeJustin_Clarke Customer Advanced IT Monkey ✭✭✭
    Could we also do the same integration for Cisco Spark/Jabber?

Great suggestion for skye for business/O365 as well.
  • Gabriel_LencesGabriel_Lences Customer Advanced IT Monkey ✭✭✭

Necro bump out of nowhere, but any news on this? :) It's one of the top 5 requested features over here on Service manager portal feature request as of now. Maybe also pair this with teams integration as a part of a bigger update down the road? :)

• Gerhard_GoossensGerhard_Goossens Customer Advanced IT Monkey ✭✭✭

Yeah, we are in the planing phase of moving all our analog phones to a SfB/Teams solution. It will be awesome to have this functionality in the portal. +100 votes from me.

• Konstantin_Slavin-BoKonstantin_Slavin-Bo Customer Ninja IT Monkey ✭✭✭✭
    edited October 2019

@Gerhard_Goossens Just wanted to make sure, that you are aware of the community solution for this, as mentioned by Adam above:

• Gerhard_GoossensGerhard_Goossens Customer Advanced IT Monkey ✭✭✭

Indeed, but will be awesome to have the chats in the action log

• seth_coussensseth_coussens Member Ninja IT Monkey ✭✭✭✭

We've added a new feature request for Teams Integration here: https://community.cireson.com/discussion/5388/microsoft-teams-integration-including-online-status-indicators/

If you've moved to Teams and would prefer this be integrated first instead, please add your vote there.

Thanks!

• james_kleinschnitzjames_kleinschnitz Cireson Dev, Product Owner Advanced IT Monkey ✭✭✭

We are working on adding presence via MS Graph, so basically Teams & O365 presence in the portal.