Home Community Uploads

Cireson Partners, Customers and Community members share your customizations and examples here to help benefit the community as a whole to earn Kudos and badges.

DISCLAIMER

All files and projects located here are provided and come "as-is" and without any warranty or support. Use at your own risk. Your use of Community Uploads is subject to our Terms of Use.

Cireson does not and will not support or maintain these enhancements, extensions, and scripts.

For Team Cireson uploads click here.
Options

SQL Queries To Simulate Analyst Views

Ryan_LaneRyan_Lane Cireson Support Advanced IT Monkey ✭✭✭
Hello all,
I've created several SQL queries that simulate another user's grid views for My Work, My Requests, Team Work and Team Requests and uploaded them to github to share: https://github.com/ryanlanegit/CiresonPortal/tree/master/SQL/Views

They make use of the ServiceManagement database's stored procedures spGet_GridWorkItems, spGet_MyRequests and spGet_TeamRequests.  So far these have really helped me when troubleshooting issues from the user's point of view for user roles/permissions and general queue issues.

Options

Each script should be begin with a Analyst Query section and a View Options section:
-- Analyst Query
DECLARE @P_UserNameQuery nvarchar(256) = 'ryanl%';
DECLARE @P_UserDomain nvarchar(256) = 'DOMAIN';
-- View Options
DECLARE @P_IncludeTeamItems bit = 'true';
DECLARE @P_ShowActivities bit = 'true';
DECLARE @P_ShowInactiveItems bit = 'true';
  • Modifying the username and domain values in Analyst Query to find the user you'd like to view. Note: I prefer username vs. the BaseId GUID in determining the user to make the query a bit easier to use off the cuff.
  • Modifying the values under View Options corresponds to (un)checking the options in the related grid on the portal:

Any suggestions for other views or improvements would be much appreciated!

Comments