Home Service Manager Portal Feature Requests
We appreciate you taking the time to vote and add your suggestions to make our products awesome! Your request will be submitted to the community for review and inclusion into the backlog.

We recommend reviewing what is submitted before posting, in case your idea has already been submitted by another community member. If it has been submitted, vote for that existing feature request (by clicking the up arrow) to increase its opportunity of being added to Cireson solutions.

For more information around feature requests in the Cireson Community click here.

Search by Created By

David_AllenDavid_Allen Partner Advanced IT Monkey ✭✭✭

Please can we have the ability to search by the Created By user?!?! 

Thanks, David.

42 votes

Completed · Last Updated

Comments

• John_VrabelJohn_Vrabel Customer IT Monkey ✭
    I would like this as well.  On the "My Requests" tab, include a check box that will also show the requests that you created.  If we allow for users to submit requests on behalf of other users, it would be nice if they could view those so they can stay updated on their status.
  • Peter_ForsterPeter_Forster Partner IT Monkey ✭
    And when adding the "Created By user" please add the "Requested By" :smile:
  • Mark_WahlertMark_Wahlert Customer Advanced IT Monkey ✭✭✭
    Perhaps piggy back this request in planning. These filters like the one you've listed should all be searchable.

https://community.cireson.com/discussion/166/add-more-search-filters#latest
  • Metro_ITSMetro_ITS Customer IT Monkey ✭
    This is a rather large pain point for us as well. We often time have techs remembering they opened a ticket weeks or months ago, but don't remember the customer's name. All we have to go on is a general time frame and the "Created By" name. If we could search on "Created By" it would help out immensely.
  • Tom_HendricksTom_Hendricks Customer Super IT Monkey ✭✭✭✭✭
    Already voted for this a while back, but I just had a conversation with a very frustrated user about the lack of this property (among many other properties in many other conversations lately) in the search.

If you are reading this, please also be sure to vote for the Feature Request linked by @Mark_Wahlert just two posts above this one!
  • Tina_SamsTina_Sams Customer IT Monkey ✭

Is there any update on this please?

• Gerhard_GoossensGerhard_Goossens Customer Advanced IT Monkey ✭✭✭

This should be in the new "Global Search" that is planned for this quarter. I saw it in the roadmap, hopefully it will be released soon....

• james_kleinschnitzjames_kleinschnitz Cireson Dev, Product Owner Advanced IT Monkey ✭✭✭

You can do this with the Global Search feature that is in the latest builds and will soon be available on baseline builds.

• Gerhard_GoossensGerhard_Goossens Customer Advanced IT Monkey ✭✭✭

@james_kleinschnitz

Thank you for the work that has been put into Global Search, it is really awesome.

One problem that I and probably other people will have is that it does not provide fine grained searches.

I was hoping to search "Created By" by using the standard search function that is located in the left bar.

When using the top search bar, it gives many results if you search for something and although we can select what propperties to search by in the admin pannel sttings, it makes it difficult to search exactly what is needed.

Is there any way that the "Created By" and other key properties caan be included in the normal search tool in the left bar?

• Peter_MiklianPeter_Miklian Customer Advanced IT Monkey ✭✭✭

What about adding something like Outlook keyword search functionality to the Cireson Global Search.

I mean when I want to find messages with attachments, I put hasattachments:yes condition to the search bar in Outlook. In this situation I would write createBy:my.username to refine the current global search.

And combining multiple conditions with logical operators would be nice, too: createdBy:peter.miklian & status:InProgress & assignedTo:[me] hasRelatedCI:serverXY ... Sci-fi, I know 😋

• Adam_DzyackyAdam_Dzyacky Product Owner Contributor Monkey ✭✭✭✭✭

Great idea on the multiple conditions with logical operators @Peter_Miklian! I think that really speaks to a dedicated Global Search page where you could implement that kind of Advanced Search logic.

• Gabriel_LencesGabriel_Lences Customer Advanced IT Monkey ✭✭✭
    edited May 2020

Just chiming in to say that our Jira project management tool has something like this, which Peter is mentioning and I find this really useful. This fits probably more to the "work item search" view builder and that every attribute should be available in the work item search dropdowns (see jira1 screenshots - a user can filter out based on 180 ! attributes) but the same logic could be applied maybe to Global Search as well in some way.

The jira2 screenshot showcases the function of the "advanced" search , which I belive is what @Peter_Miklian is hinting at.

• Gabriel_LencesGabriel_Lences Customer Advanced IT Monkey ✭✭✭

Also, in the global search there should be a more user friendly (maybe clickable filter bars with logical operators) gui version of this as well, while leaving the text-based option (for power users) as well.

• james_kleinschnitzjames_kleinschnitz Cireson Dev, Product Owner Advanced IT Monkey ✭✭✭

@Gerhard_Goossens just so I know we are talking about the same thing, what do you mean when you say "the normal search tool in the left bar"?

The Global Search Feature is now available in both latest and baseline v10 releases. You can read more about it here and this KB.

• Stephane_BouillonStephane_Bouillon Customer Advanced IT Monkey ✭✭✭

What do I need to do to add the CreatedBy to the Work Item Search dropdown of fields ?

Is this now possible to do ? I'd like to have a saved search that includes incident requests created By user xxx

Stephane

Thanks, that did the trick :)

Greetings from sunny Belgium :) :) :)