Home Service Manager Portal Feature Requests
We appreciate you taking the time to vote and add your suggestions to make our products awesome! Your request will be submitted to the community for review and inclusion into the backlog.

We recommend reviewing what is submitted before posting, in case your idea has already been submitted by another community member. If it has been submitted, vote for that existing feature request (by clicking the up arrow) to increase its opportunity of being added to Cireson solutions.

For more information around feature requests in the Cireson Community click here.

Add more Search filters

Mark_WahlertMark_Wahlert Customer Advanced IT Monkey ✭✭✭

Add status of work items and activities is an obvious one, but I think the filter list should be extended to allow analysts to save meaningful and useful searches.

Additionally, the ability to share a search with my team would avoid duplication of effort. Perhaps these could be enhanced through the new dashboard somehow.

56 votes

In Development · Last Updated

This has been targeted to be addressed in the upcoming Intelligent Global Search feature.

Comments

• seth_coussensseth_coussens Member Ninja IT Monkey ✭✭✭✭
    While it would be more user friendly to use allow a button or menu option to share your search, so this is a great request. You can share your search today via URL and they should be able to view and save your search themselves.
  • Mark_WahlertMark_Wahlert Customer Advanced IT Monkey ✭✭✭
     Thanks. Little feature updates like this makes your Portal much better OOTB, as opposed to using little workarounds similar to the send a URL of the search.    We'll keep up-voting and look forward to seeing some of these in future releases.  :)
  • Adam_DzyackyAdam_Dzyacky Product Owner Contributor Monkey ✭✭✭✭✭
    To add to this: Enable use of Class Extension properties in the searches such as Support Group for CR/MA and also extending itself out to the other data types that could conceivably be extended on a Work Item class.
  • PIERRE-LOUIS_DURRISPIERRE-LOUIS_DURRIS Customer Advanced IT Monkey ✭✭✭
    Even more, if we could also add custom column in the layout of the list created it would be great. For exemple, for type of service request, I have created a field "Stage", updated by the stage of the activity in progress.
    With this, I can see my request in progress in the stage "Test" or "in approval".
    The problem is that I cannot select this field in the search feature and not in the choice of column because it is a custom field.
    The only solution I have today is to create a view in the console and promote it to the portal.
  • Anders_SpaellingAnders_Spaelling Premier Partner IT Monkey ✭
    Search on "list item does not exist". Last time I checked that was not possible, ex. searching for all incidents with no support group set.
  • Tom_HendricksTom_Hendricks Customer Super IT Monkey ✭✭✭✭✭
    To add to this: Enable use of Class Extension properties in the searches such as Support Group for CR/MA and also extending itself out to the other data types that could conceivably be extended on a Work Item class.
    +1.  Class extension properties and relationships are a must for searches.

It looks like there is a feature request out there for everyone to vote up: https://community.cireson.com/discussion/182/search-on-extended-fields-in-service-request

Hopefully IRs, CRs and Activities would be considered along with SRs.
  • Peter_ForsterPeter_Forster Partner IT Monkey ✭

Please add the "Created By" Relationship as a search parameter for [me] searches.

BTW: Did anyone tried to share a search URL? We've just tested this and the recipient of the search will always get a blank view. We've verified that the criteria is correct and within the SCSM console the user will see those items.
  • Jonathan_BolesJonathan_Boles Customer Ninja IT Monkey ✭✭✭✭
    BTW: Did anyone tried to share a search URL? We've just tested this and the recipient of the search will always get a blank view. We've verified that the criteria is correct and within the SCSM console the user will see those items.
    @Peter_Forester, we've got the same result within our environments (Production at v4.0.10) @seth_coussens, is there a fix for this or a setting that must be adjusted?
    @Peter_Forester, we've got the same result within our environments (Production at v4.0.10) @seth_coussens, is there a fix for this or a setting that must be adjusted?

BTW: We are on pr5.1
  • Sean_TerrySean_Terry Customer Advanced IT Monkey ✭✭✭
    Is this available in 7.4 or timescales for this yet?
  • Tom_HendricksTom_Hendricks Customer Super IT Monkey ✭✭✭✭✭
    Hopefully in 8.0?  I have a sizeable and growing contingent of users who are very displeased with the current functionality for ad-hoc searches.  I count myself among them.  I am getting lots of frustrated messages about this almost daily, with "the old system did this, why can't this one" being a recurring theme.

There is so much potential with the search capability, and most of my users can see it, until the point where they begin to realize its current limits and they say something like "why can I search 'Actual Cost' [an unused field] and not by office location?"  They really do not care about type projections or the performance considerations of object relationships, by the way.  They just want what they used to have.

On the other hand, if we could search meaningfully, using properties and relationships that make sense (configurable by admin, perhaps, since no two companies will define that the same way), this could be one of the best features of the system.
  • Sean_TerrySean_Terry Customer Advanced IT Monkey ✭✭✭
    edited June 2018
    Would it be possible to add created date to the search results when you run a saved search? It makes sense to have this, more so that Last Modified for some staff. It would be good if this was consistent with views for My Requests, My Work and Teamwork: