Home Operations Manager

Active SCOM Alerts on Impacted Config Items

Adam_DzyackyAdam_Dzyacky Product Owner Contributor Monkey ✭✭✭✭✭
edited May 2020 in Operations Manager

Similar to the two customizations before it:

This new SCOM integration now surfaces the Alert counts (Critical/Warning) of Computers, on the Impacted Config Items list of an Incident. Zip file includes the icons, sql to pull data from SCOM via the Dashboard Query page, and the javascript to drop into CustomSpace.

There are two visual things here I'm not entirely sure how to account for yet and one item on the to do list:

1. Background color of the div changes on hover the Alert counts, but the rest of the CI row is fine
  2. Moving the two metrics directly to the right of the CI Name
  3. The SQL query should use the GUID of the object as its identical from the one in SCOM. This would require some substring manipulation to pull the GUID from the /DynamicData/ portion of the URL and then use in the query. So the initial WHERE becomes "tme.ManagedEntityGuid" instead of "tme.DisplayName". I didn't go this route yet because I want to recurse up the SCOM Health Explorer tree so you could see the Alert Count at the parent level instead of the child object that could be potentially be shown in Affected Config Items.

Comments

• Adam_DzyackyAdam_Dzyacky Product Owner Contributor Monkey ✭✭✭✭✭

Changed up the IF logic a bit. Should handle multiple Impacted CIs better now.

• Adam_DzyackyAdam_Dzyacky Product Owner Contributor Monkey ✭✭✭✭✭

Should also add, this customization can easily be extended to Change Requests. Which means your Change meetings can highlight Active SCOM Alerts for the very Config Items you are proposing changes for.

All you have to do is update the ClassName condition from:

if (pageForm.viewModel.ClassName === 'System.WorkItem.Incident')

to

if ((pageForm.viewModel.ClassName === 'System.WorkItem.Incident') || (pageForm.viewModel.ClassName === 'System.WorkItem.ChangeRequest'))