Home General Discussion

Community "Open Floor" Meetup

Justin_WorkmanJustin_Workman Cireson Support Super IT Monkey ✭✭✭✭✭

We wanted to have an informal event to allow the community to engage with the Cireson Support Team to discuss any topic that might be relevant in the Cireson Community.

This could include but is not limited to:

• Support Issues
  • Exciting upcoming features
  • Fun customizations
  • The role of a Self Service Portal in light of COVID-19
  • Anything else Cireson related you want to talk about!

We will have a quick customization demo from the support team and dive right into any other topic that comes up!

Please join us if your schedule allows!

If you're interested in joining the call, Private Message me on the community with your email address and I'll send an invite.

Comments

• Gabriel_LencesGabriel_Lences Customer Advanced IT Monkey ✭✭✭

Maybe a good idea would be also to promote this event via an email as well to all Cireson customers ;)

• Peter_MiklianPeter_Miklian Customer Advanced IT Monkey ✭✭✭

Agree with @Gabriel_Lences, Cireson Monkey is keen on writing promo e-mails :)

• Justin_WorkmanJustin_Workman Cireson Support Super IT Monkey ✭✭✭✭✭

We're trying to make it more community driven than "marketing" driven. You can feel free to invite people though!

I realized that I never shared the date/time on here! The meetup is this Friday, 29 May at 8AM PDT. I'm really looking forward to it!

• Steve_WrightSteve_Wright Cireson Support Advanced IT Monkey ✭✭✭

I'm looking forward to hanging out with you folks!

I think growing the audience/attendees by word-of-mouth would be very helpful.

See you tomorrow!😊

We're about to start the Meetup. If anyone else wants to join (8AM PDT 29 May 2020), here's the link:

Join Meeting

• Gabriel_LencesGabriel_Lences Customer Advanced IT Monkey ✭✭✭

This was awesome and I'm looking forward to the next one with all of you guys! Thanks again for organizing this Justin 😊

The event was a lot of fun! Thanks to all who participated! I'll keep you all posted on the next one!

• Adam_DzyackyAdam_Dzyacky Product Owner Contributor Monkey ✭✭✭✭✭

It was great to hear some of the integrations and customizations both @Gerhard_Goossens and @Gabriel_Lences have achieved. Other shops could learn something from you both!

• Shane_WhiteShane_White Cireson Support Super IT Monkey ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited May 2020

Really enjoyed this, was great to have more informal direct communication with you all! Would love to see more people so please register your interest!!! Thanks to everyone who joined!

@Stephen_Marks - Here is how I created the "RO Panels" on the Support Central page:

First I created an HTML widget like this:

I gave the div a class of link-replace because of the way everything gets shoved out of the <a> tag as I demonstrated in my lab. Then I use additional code in the homeWidgets.js to both remove the top of the html widget and make the link clickable. Here's what that code looks like:

I added that into homeWidgets.js after all the $.each calls near the bottom of the file.

Then the only thing to do is style it with CSS!

I heard you have great discussion last Friday. I'm sorry I couldn't connect.

@Justin_Workman I hope you will notify community members using this thread about upcoming events so we only have to 'star' this discussion and get future updates 👍️

• Michelle_UnderwMichelle_Underw Customer IT Monkey ✭

I would love to have been there but didn't know about it. I know you didn't want it to be a marketing based event but maybe you can start a developer newsletter for things like this? I would love to sign up for that!

@Michelle_Underw - Thanks for your interest! I would say we're still interested in cultivating attendance from a purely community driven perspective for now. I would recommend starring this conversation to make sure you get notifications from the community as I'll post any info about upcoming events in this thread.

• Mikkel_MadsenMikkel_Madsen Customer Advanced IT Monkey ✭✭✭

@Justin_Workman I missed the most of the meeting but saw that you recorded it. Is it possible to get a link to the recording? ☺️

@Mikkel_Madsen - It looks like I can't share the link with others outside the company. I will see what I can do about sharing the raw video with you.

Hi @Robin_Waarsenburg let us know if you can join us for this one! looking forward to seeing you there!

Thanks,

Steve

• Robin_WaarsenburgRobin_Waarsenburg Customer IT Monkey ✭

I can join! See you then

Just a reminder to everyone: if you want to join on 19 June, please PM me with your email address so I can send you an invite.

What about posting something like "meeting minutes" after every "Open floor meeting"? Bullet list of discussed topics and maybe new suggestions should be enough. Maybe some ideas worth further discussion arise, create thread in community forum for them and link to it from that "table of content"

I believe people who missed the meeting and new community members would appreciate it. And we could have everything in one place, see what was already discussed and not open again or have subjects to return to add details / check progress after a few months.

Thanks @Peter_Miklian for the suggestion! We'll capture and share meeting notes for this Friday to keep people updated and informed.

Regards,

I wanted to remind everyone again that we'll be having the 2nd Open Floor meetup tomorrow (19 June) at 8am PDT if anyone wants to join, please let me know! Also, I wanted to remind everyone that the agenda is very loose and that if anyone wants to show anything cool they're working on, we can definitely allow them time to share!

Thanks to everyone again for participating in the Open Floor! We got treated to a an impromptu screen share by @Martin_Blomgren who showed us some awesome portal customizations! Thanks Martin for joining and sharing! We'll definitely be doing another meetup. I'll provide the details as soon as we lock it in!

• Robin_WaarsenburgRobin_Waarsenburg Customer IT Monkey ✭

Well that's embarrassing… I closed off Friday afternoon and totally forgot about this meeting, until I was taking a shower on Sunday morning, pondering about life when I thought OH NO!

I'm very sorry to have missed it and would like to join next time!

Thanks for being so vulnerable @Robin_Waarsenburg! We had a very informative session and I'll be putting some high-level meeting notes together in this thread for those that are interested in what we covered.

Looking forward catching you at the next one!

• Jason_MeyerJason_Meyer Customer Advanced IT Monkey ✭✭✭

Thanks for putting these together, look forward to attending the next one.

• Emma_JenkinsEmma_Jenkins Customer IT Monkey ✭

Hey, just caught up on my emails and saw the June news letter and the link to here. Interested in joining if there will be another?

@Emma_Jenkins - I'm certain we'll have another one soon! I'll post the date and time as soon as I know when.

Hey Everyone! We're planning on doing this again this Friday(10 July) at 8am PDT. Once again, please let me know if you want to be on the call!