Home CMDB Portal

How would you like to see RO's that are a member of multiple SO's appear in the search?

Shane_WhiteShane_White Cireson Support Super IT Monkey ✭✭✭✭✭
When you add a Request Offering to multiple Service Offerings, if you have access to them both when you search for a request offering there will be 2 entries, one from each Service Offering.

We would like to know from the Community how you would like the portal to deal with this!

How would you like to see RO's that are a member of multiple SO's appear in the search? 10 votes

Only show the first result it brings back
80%
Brian_WiestKonstantin_Slavin-BoPeter_MiklianSean_TerryTom_HendricksMikkel_MadsenGabriel_LencesShane_White 8 votes
Make it configurable somehow (suggestions welcome)
10%
Adam_Dzyacky 1 vote
Keep it how it is and have both show
10%
Jeff_Lang 1 vote
Other (please comment and let us know!)
0%

Comments

• Peter_MiklianPeter_Miklian Customer Advanced IT Monkey ✭✭✭

@Shane_White what is/would be output of this survey?

Is there any plan to make some changes to RO/SO search or displaying of results?

Or is Cireson suppressing any development in current search(es) and investing all resources only to new Global Search? Thanks.

• Shane_WhiteShane_White Cireson Support Super IT Monkey ✭✭✭✭✭

@Peter_Miklian

@james_kleinschnitz and I were having a discussion a while ago about the best way to overcome the fact that when you have multiple of the same RO that are located in separate SO's when you use the search as it is, both results show so it is not very clean to look at and can be quite confusing. There is a few ways to get around this but we wanted to see what customers thought would be best.

James, now this thread has been ongoing for a while and the result is quite clear, what would be the next steps for this?

Shane.

• Adam_DzyackyAdam_Dzyacky Product Owner Contributor Monkey ✭✭✭✭✭

I thought about this a bit too long because I ultimately cast the wrong vote. 😑

It should just return the first result, because even if it was part of multiple SOs that to me would imply the user has access to all of the SO/RO combinations in which case it shouldn't matter which RO you direct them into because it's essentially the same thing.

Unless this affects (what I'm pretty sure is an edge case) of reporting between SO/RO combos?

• Peter_MiklianPeter_Miklian Customer Advanced IT Monkey ✭✭✭

Unless this affects (what I'm pretty sure is an edge case) of reporting between SO/RO combos?

Do you think someone uses such kind of reporting? I see only one reason: to know user preferences of the "category" (=service offering) when scrolling through the portal. Which is irrelevant for any reporting other than 'I can have some numbers' :) or for UX-related results. What matters is the SR created not the way it was created, I think.

• Adam_DzyackyAdam_Dzyacky Product Owner Contributor Monkey ✭✭✭✭✭

I tend to lean with probably not/I'm with you @Peter_Miklian. I'm just reluctant to say "absolutely no one uses this".