Home Analyst Portal

Anyway to retrieve AD group members in an Offering to show to users?

Zac_RobinsonZac_Robinson Customer IT Monkey ✭

Hi Everyone,

I'm trying to give our users a list of "pre-selected authorisers" for some software, they are then supposed to see a list of 5 or 6 people, and they highlight which one is relevant to their team/service and will submit this into our runbook which will take care of the rest of the process.

The problem is, that I have no idea how to actually grab a list of users directly from within the Cireson Console, to show to the user on screen. I've not been able to find a query that will return me the list of AD users of a group, nor have I found any suitable alternative that seems like it would work. I've been able to query users before based on department, job title etc but never to such a specific set group of people. I'd prefer to have some way of having this obtained or held within the system, as the alternative is a dropdown list (and I don't like the idea of maintaining this)

My end goal was if that I can have an AD group that controls who can authorise this software, a runbook can populate those users each night and add them into a relevant area on SM/Cireson so that the form can query this information every day.

My recent development has been to assign the Software Item a "Primary User" and pick an AD Group instead, although I can't seem to get this to show the group contents on the portal either.

Does anyone know if there is a way of doing this? I've gotten nowhere all day.

Thanks

Best Answer

Answers

• Zac_RobinsonZac_Robinson Customer IT Monkey ✭

I see. I think the extension of AD would be something that I could try out, Would it be possible to have the Offering lookup a new enumerated list from Service Manager, that way it could be maintained via the console? I've not had good experience with extended MP's before that is why I ask.

Thanks

• Conner_WoodConner_Wood Customer Ninja IT Monkey ✭✭✭✭

I agree with @Zac_Robinson regarding a new Cireson Custom List control, being able to create some filter to bring a list of objects back and specifying if you want a property value or the whole object to relate on a relationship would really cut down on the amount of planning and effort needed to create a workaround.

• Adam_DzyackyAdam_Dzyacky Product Owner Contributor Monkey ✭✭✭✭✭
    It's almost as though at some point it would just make sense for Cireson to simply have access to SCSM source code. :smile:
  • Candice_YeudallCandice_Yeudall Customer Advanced IT Monkey ✭✭✭
    One work around that I am using for this is to use the query list and then limit it to active users and then have it look for keywords in the title. Not perfect but better than getting 11000+ users