Home Analyst Portal

MA Activity Implementer - filtering down based on membership to assigned support group

Jerry_VeldhuisJerry_Veldhuis Customer Advanced IT Monkey ✭✭✭

We're currently using 9.0.15.2016 and the activity implementer list is the entire domain users list and our business is spending a lot of time picking the right implementer when it really should be filtered down by the selected support group.

Is there a simple way to do this or is this on the roadmap ?

Answers

• Justin_WorkmanJustin_Workman Cireson Support Super IT Monkey ✭✭✭✭✭

@Jerry_Veldhuis - In newer versions of the portal there is native support for the extension to the MA class for Support Groups and in that support there is a task for MAs for "Assign to Analyst by Support Group." I believe that would fit the need you mentioned.

• Jerry_VeldhuisJerry_Veldhuis Customer Advanced IT Monkey ✭✭✭

@Justin_Workman - I'm looking at Portal versions 8.9.1.2016 and 9.4.14.2016 and I see the 'Assign to Analyst By Support Group' but I believe that it doesn't adjust MA assignments. Can you point me at a KBA ?

• Justin_WorkmanJustin_Workman Cireson Support Super IT Monkey ✭✭✭✭✭

@Jerry_Veldhuis - It looks like we don't have a KB article that discusses the Assign To Analyst By Group task in the context of an MA. However, in the release notes for the portal, the "official" support for Manual Activity Support Group (including the task) was added in 9.3.1 and I can validate that it does work to assign an implementer provided they're a member of a support group and the Support Group for MAs is configured in the Portal Group Mappings app in Administration -> Settings in the SCSM console.