Home Analyst Portal

End Users 'UnauthorizedAccess' on Action Log

Emma_JenkinsEmma_Jenkins Customer IT Monkey ✭
edited October 2019 in Analyst Portal

Has anyone seen this message before? I have had 2 reports in 2 days from End Users trying to add a comment to the Action Log where they are the Affected User. I have been able to resolve this by changing the Affected User and changing it back. Not sure why it is happening as its only a small number of people and appears random.

Answers

• Shane_WhiteShane_White Cireson Support Super IT Monkey ✭✭✭✭✭

Hi @Emma_Jenkins ,

This is actually a known SCSM issue, and the only workaround is to remove the affected user and re-add it like you have already done.

The issue is with the Microsoft side of things not correctly applying the Affected User implied permissions, so removing it and readding it puts the implied permissions back!

This is something you could raise with Microsoft if it starts becoming too regular.

Let me know if you have any further questions.

Thanks,

Shane

• Emma_JenkinsEmma_Jenkins Customer IT Monkey ✭

Hi Shane,

Hate to drag up an old (answered) conversation but this is becoming more troublesome recently and possibly down to greater uptake in our shift to the portal. But I am interested to know more from yourself and others.

Does anyone else have this problem?

What version/roll up of SCSM you using?

Has anyone had success with getting this fixed from microsoft?

I want to see how big the issue is but with no DW I am struggling to report on how many comments we get vs how many we know have had issues. i.e. I have had 11 instances reported since Nov, but I don't know if thats just a problem for 1% of End Users Comments or 50%.

• Mikkel_MadsenMikkel_Madsen Customer Advanced IT Monkey ✭✭✭

We usually restarts the servers if we see the problem and it normally fixes it

@Emma_Jenkins

Sorry to hear this is becoming more troublesome, but like I said, this is a Microsoft issue so you need to reach out to them. However, I do believe there was a bug release for this issue (I could be mistaken)

Have you got the latest SCSM Rollouts installed?

Thanks,

Shane

Hi Shane,

No we are not on the latest. Our Service Manager is currently on rollup 5 (7.5.7487.130) from April 2018. I would like to move to rollup 8 which was released Sept 2019. There is a more recent one but its too new for my liking. Can I jump from R5 to R8 do you know or do you install everything in between?

I will probably give the Microsoft updates a try as that will probably be first thing I am advised to do, but as it stands the error only manifests in the Cireson portal as we don't have Microsoft's portal set up. Because of this I am not even clear what error I would be reporting to Microsoft; 'Unauthorized Access" is Cireson error which when I looked this up on various Microsoft sites I cannot find anything for.

Thanks

Emma

• Mikkel_MadsenMikkel_Madsen Customer Advanced IT Monkey ✭✭✭

@Emma_Jenkins do you use Queues to scope access to workitems?

@Mikkel_Madsen We do have queues however they are basically configured per workitem priority. Our Analyst User Role can access all workitems (queues) but End Users Role has no queue access configured as we only allow them to view items in which they are the Affected User or in the Watchlist/Related Item. I believe most End Users are able to add comments to their workitems without issues.

Hi @Emma_Jenkins

Let me know how you get on after the updates :-)

Thanks,

Shane