Home Analyst Portal
Options

No Serviceoffering's with the new Catalog Item group

Andreas_VoigtAndreas_Voigt Customer IT Monkey ✭
edited July 2020 in Analyst Portal

Hi there,

i am currently trying to build a , lets say, ENDUSER-Portal and a ANALYST-Portal.

I got the very good idea here, that working with catalog item groups would solve it for me.

But when trying to build it i encounter strange problems.

Let me explain.

After creating the "new" Enduser-catalog-item-group - and adding the Service-offerings i want the enduser to see -I go to Admin / Sec / User-Roles and select only the "new" Enduser-calatlog-item-group as visible to the User-Role "Enduser".

After doing so and do a Cachebuilder + iisreset my enduser (--> AD-group = DomainUser) just have a blank portal.-

So i tried and marked all catalog-item-groups again

Did a Cachebuilder+iisreset again, but still blank.

ONLY when selecting "All catalog items can be accessed" and after a Cachebuilder+iisreset the portal is working again

Any information would be very appriciated. Even KB's or some background-information about Catalog-item-groups and queues etc. would be very much apprecited. I inherited the system and maybe this is just a design flaw i just encountered.

Regards

Andreas

Answers

• Options

By Coincident the solutioin was already posted in another thread here :

Could you try running the following command against your Service Management DB and then restarting the Cache Builder please?

TRUNCATE TABLE LastModified

• Options
    Justin_WorkmanJustin_Workman Cireson Support Super IT Monkey ✭✭✭✭✭

@Andreas_Voigt - So did truncating lastmodified and restarting cachebuilder fix your issue?

• Options

@Justin_Workman

Hi Justin,

yes and no ...

At first it did work, I could see the SO´s that are meant for the Analyst´s only - while using a Analyst account.

But then i created 3 more catalog item groups and according to this 3 new user roles ( i also need to split the offerings by language )

and by now none of the 3 catalog item groups are working. Maybe it needs some time in the background to sort things ? I already did the truncate,cachebuilder,iisreset again.

My testuser ( one for every new user role ) only gets a blank screen.

I checked in the CacheBuilder, they are scoped correctly , and when checking with the "cireson portal tool under the SQL tab" they are "scoped on config items" , but somehow there is "nothing" shown to this particular scope (?)

• Options

Hi @Justin_Workman

just wanted to give a follow up.

My issue is solved now.

I had a big mess with the SO's languages.

They were either set wrong, or not set at all.

Quite interessting to understand that e.g. French is NOT the same as French/France

So whenever a user picked a language in the portal ( settings ...)

Then it scoped for SO's that where in his catalog-group, but not his language.

So everything was blank ...

But as I said, everything is finally working as supposed.

BR

Andreas