Home Analyst Portal

Force analysts to use the Task 'Assign to analyst by group'

Tom_HydeTom_Hyde Customer Advanced IT Monkey ✭✭✭
Is there a way we can force our analysts to use the Task 'Assign to analyst by group' rather than them having the functionality to manually change the two form fields as below?

Many WI are passed from different teams and sometimes the support group is not changed which means an analyst who isn't scoped to the relevant support group finds they do not have access to work on the WI.

Thanks!
1.jpg 10.1K

Best Answers

• Nicholas_VelichNicholas_Velich Cireson Consultant Ninja IT Monkey ✭✭✭✭
    Answer ✓
    Make sure it is within the app.custom.formTasks.add() section, and within a formObj.boundReady() as so:

app.custom.formTasks.add('Incident', null, function (formObj, viewModel) {
            formObj.boundReady(function(){
                    $('[data-bind="click: assignToMe"]').hide();
            });
    });

Answers

• Geoff_RossGeoff_Ross Cireson Consultant O.G.
    edited August 2016
    Hi Tom,

Set these two fields to read only by adding disabled: true in the properties for the field defined in the Form's JS file. Eg, to make this change for IRs, edit Incident.js in custom space.

Geoff
  • Tom_HydeTom_Hyde Customer Advanced IT Monkey ✭✭✭
    Thanks for your help guys! @Geoff_Ross @Nicholas_Velich
    On the back of this...

Can we amend the function of 'Assign to Me' to not only populate the Assigned To but also add their support group in?

Thanks
    Tom
    or just hide this function all together?
    You can hide the task pretty easily with:   $('[data-bind="click: assignToMe"]').hide();

Otherwise, it is not possible to alter the out-of-box task; however, it is possible to create a custom task that includes this functionality.
    @Nicholas_Velich Thanks for the reply! I presume this is in the cusom.js although i added it and it still seems to reamin?
    Answer ✓
    Make sure it is within the app.custom.formTasks.add() section, and within a formObj.boundReady() as so:

app.custom.formTasks.add('Incident', null, function (formObj, viewModel) {
            formObj.boundReady(function(){
                    $('[data-bind="click: assignToMe"]').hide();
            });
    });
  • Eugene_RackEugene_Rack Customer Adept IT Monkey ✭✭
    Thanx all for the code. This works a treat.

I would like to come back to the request / query by Tom Hyde " Can we amend the function of 'Assign to Me' to not only populate the Assigned To but also add their support group in?" As mentioned the out-of-box cannot be changed but with code a new custom task could be created. Has anyone created such a custom task?

Thanks
    Eugene