Home Asset Management

Software Asset Counts

Steven_WillisSteven_Willis Customer IT Monkey ✭

I am using 'Software Assets' to track the installation of applications in the environment. I want to use the capabilities of the tool to verify the quantities against actual purchases.

I have created the pieces involved, but need to understand the drivers between the different pieces and how they relate to each other. I have 'Purchase Orders', 'Line Items', Licenses' and 'Software Assets' in place for a sample of my applications. Ideally I would like to have a PO/Line Item created to drive the license count which can verify against the count in the Software Asset.

What fields drive this and is there a good reference document I can go to?

Comments

• Tony_CollettTony_Collett Cireson Support Super IT Monkey ✭✭✭✭✭
    You can find a lot of documentation on the Knowledge Base on the Cireson portal: https://support.cireson.com/KnowledgeBase/View/58#/ 

Someone else may be able to jump in and provide some more specifics for your case. 
  • Steven_WillisSteven_Willis Customer IT Monkey ✭
    I didn't find much to help in the KB, they are all too general. I am hoping to find more of a how things are all connected together and what drives the data from one item to the next. I think I have most of the basic data populated in the different pieces, but the counts don't populate in the 'Purchased Counts' in the 'Software Assets' that I created. Maybe I am missing something in the HW Asset Settings?
  • Steven_WillisSteven_Willis Customer IT Monkey ✭
    I found what I was looking for on Vimeo, there is a presentation from a few months ago by Joivan Hedrick called "Asset Management: Sometimes less is more ". Goes through a variety of examples for Software Assets. Bottom line from what I see is 'Licenses' drive 'Software Assets' for purchase counts. The other pieces are there for information generally and I don't see much value in trying to maintain them.
  • Marek_LefekMarek_Lefek Customer Advanced IT Monkey ✭✭✭
    Hi, on "Software Assets" view, in the tasks section there is an option "Update Software Asset" that update values for “Installed Count” and “Available Count” for that specific software asset. How to update this information by all assets by one click or made that this could update automaticly eg. in the night.
  • damon_mulligandamon_mulligan Cireson Consultant Advanced IT Monkey ✭✭✭
    There are 3 options:
    1) In the Asset Management settings, you can just change the Software Update time to now +5 mins.
    2) In the SW Asset view select some or all in the view using Ctrl, Shift or Ctrl-A, and select the task.
    3) Wait for the scheduled run time that shows in the setting you look at in #1. Should be daily at night or least active time.