Home Service Manager Portal Feature Requests
We appreciate you taking the time to vote and add your suggestions to make our products awesome! Your request will be submitted to the community for review and inclusion into the backlog.

We recommend reviewing what is submitted before posting, in case your idea has already been submitted by another community member. If it has been submitted, vote for that existing feature request (by clicking the up arrow) to increase its opportunity of being added to Cireson solutions.

For more information around feature requests in the Cireson Community click here.

Expiration Date for Knowledge Articles

Billy_WilsonBilly_Wilson Member Ninja IT Monkey ✭✭✭✭
Add the ability to set an expiration date for a KB Article that will set the Status of the Article to Draft upon reaching the date.
17 votes

Submitted · Last Updated

Comments

• Dakota_GreenDakota_Green Member Advanced IT Monkey ✭✭✭
    Hey Billy,

To expand upon this, I fancy the idea of having a KB start date (when the KB goes live for public view) and end date, when it get pulled from public view (into Draft or some other status).
  • Billy_WilsonBilly_Wilson Member Ninja IT Monkey ✭✭✭✭
    Even better! Thanks Dakota!
  • Rick_HancksRick_Hancks Customer Adept IT Monkey ✭✭
    I like this idea too.  We have applications where we would like to display articles on a certain start date and then remove them at a later date.  It would be great to have a start and end date instead of having to remember to go in and manually remove an article.
  • Brett_MoffettBrett_Moffett Cireson PACE Super IT Monkey ✭✭✭✭✭
    I'd also like to see a next review date, so a service desk manager could run a report to show when a KB article should be revisited some time in the future.
    This date would NOT change the status of the KB article but just flag it as an article that potentially needs to be retired soon.
  • Dennis_KochDennis_Koch Customer IT Monkey ✭
    I'd also like to see a way for articles to be flag as requiring review. Either by analysts, or a report a problem with this knowledge article link.
  • Tom_HendricksTom_Hendricks Customer Super IT Monkey ✭✭✭✭✭
    I'd also like to see a next review date, so a service desk manager could run a report to show when a KB article should be revisited some time in the future.
    This date would NOT change the status of the KB article but just flag it as an article that potentially needs to be retired soon.
    This is the way I would prefer it as well, but perhaps the status change behavior can be configured on or off.  I could live in either world just to have review dates added, though!

Now if we can just get a submit --> review --> publish workflow established with separate contributor and editor roles.....  :)
  • Dakota_GreenDakota_Green Member Advanced IT Monkey ✭✭✭
    edited September 2016
    I'd also like to see a way for articles to be flag as requiring review. Either by analysts, or a report a problem with this knowledge article link.
    Oh, I do like this idea as well.

I also do fancy a feature much like with CRs, where Knowledge articles must go through a vote and approve process. So for example, an Technical Writer, an Editor (in Chief), or a Manager can review before it gets published for public consumption. This would mimic much like what a Newspaper or online article must go through.
  • Michael_BaldryMichael_Baldry Customer Advanced IT Monkey ✭✭✭
    Oh, I do like this idea as well.

I also do fancy a feature much like with CRs, where Knowledge articles must go through a vote and approve process. So for example, an Technical Writer, an Editor (in Chief), or a Manager can review before it gets published for public consumption. This would mimic much like what a Newspaper or online article must go through.
    This would be great. We've struggled with finding a workflow that works for us with the (pretty limited) permissions available to us on KB articles right now. Being able to have an approval process would be incredibly helpful.