Home Operations Manager

Web Application Availability Monitor

Larry_GrantLarry_Grant Member IT Monkey ✭

I am working on setting up a Web Application Availability Monitor for a specific website on a few servers. I am attempting to configure the monitor to alert on anything other than status code 200. When I run the test on the monitor from scom I am getting a 401 error.

When I run the powershell   $statuscode = (Invoke-WebRequest -Timeoutsec 3 -UseDefaultCredentials -Uri http://url).StatusCode Write-Host $statuscode it returns a code 200

Any thoughts on what I am missing?

Comments

• Brian_WiestBrian_Wiest Customer Super IT Monkey ✭✭✭✭✭

Review you SCOM service account permisisons on the web app. The 401 returns as unauthorized where I guess the powershell are running under your user credentials.

• Larry_GrantLarry_Grant Member IT Monkey ✭

I logged into the scom server as the run as account and ran the powershell script as the runas account and it returned the status code 200.

I also added an external resource (microsoft.com) and that returns a status code 200 from the Web Application Availability Monitor

• Brian_WiestBrian_Wiest Customer Super IT Monkey ✭✭✭✭✭

That sounds like the monitor is configured for anonymous connections, that you need to configure it to connect via the service account.

When I switch to Web Application Transaction Monitoring type and set up the test to specify creds I get the below error...

Note: The following information was gathered when the operation was attempted. The information may appear cryptic but provides context for the error. The application will continue to run.

Microsoft.EnterpriseManagement.Common.ObjectNotFoundException: An object of class ManagementPackSecureReference with ID 2187f67a-1efd-c90c-bf2a-9f07ada58740 was not found.

at Microsoft.EnterpriseManagement.Common.Internal.ServiceProxy.HandleFault(String methodName, Message message)

at Microsoft.EnterpriseManagement.Runtime.TaskRuntimeServiceProxy.SubmitTasks(IList`1 jobDefinitions, Guid batchId, JobCategory category, Boolean registerCallback)

at Microsoft.EnterpriseManagement.Runtime.TaskRuntimeManagement.SubmitTaskInternal(ICollection`1 targetIds, Guid taskId, TaskConfiguration configuration, TaskStatusChangeCallback callback)

at Microsoft.EnterpriseManagement.Runtime.TaskRuntimeManagement.SubmitTaskInternal[T](IEnumerable`1 targets, Guid taskId, TaskConfiguration configuration, TaskStatusChangeCallback callback)

at Microsoft.EnterpriseManagement.Runtime.TaskRuntimeManagement.BeginExecuteTaskInternal[T](IEnumerable`1 targets, Guid taskId, TaskConfiguration configuration, AsyncCallback callback, Object state)

at Microsoft.EnterpriseManagement.Runtime.TaskRuntimeManagement.BeginExecuteTask[T](IEnumerable`1 targets, ManagementPackTask task, TaskConfiguration configuration, AsyncCallback callback, Object state)

at Microsoft.EnterpriseManagement.Internal.UI.Authoring.WebApp.WebApplicationEditorForm.<>c__DisplayClasse.<StartRunNowTask>b__d(Object param0, ConsoleJobEventArgs param1)

at Microsoft.EnterpriseManagement.Mom.Internal.UI.Console.ConsoleJobExceptionHandler.ExecuteJob(IComponent component, EventHandler`1 job, Object sender, ConsoleJobEventArgs args)

Interesting development on this issue.. I switch the monitor to using a proxy of an internal URL using port 80 and now I get a status code of 200.... even with the server off....