Home Analyst Portal

Put All Users in End User Role

James_JohnsonJames_Johnson Customer Advanced IT Monkey ✭✭✭

Is there anyway to bypass the cache builder and make all every user a end user? I'm trying to give them access to end user service offerings without waiting over 30 minutes for the cache builder to run. I know I can set everyone in the ScopedUser table to IsServiceCatalog scoped but that gives access to all SO's not just the end user ones. I can't seem to find where in the DB they are marked as end users.

Thanks,

James

Answers

• Brett_MoffettBrett_Moffett Cireson PACE Super IT Monkey ✭✭✭✭✭

Hi @James_Johnson

What version of the portal are you currently using?

I ask because there has been significant performance increases tot he CacheBuilder service in recent versions and it has cut Scoped Access calculation times significantly.

If this is the issue then by replacing the version you will see a large performance increase that may solve your issue.

As for bypassing the CacheBuilder, this would not be supported and could have ramifications that would be unpredictable. The CacheBuilder would still need to run to identify who was in other groups (Such as support groups) and apply required security scoping.

Hope that helps.

• James_JohnsonJames_Johnson Customer Advanced IT Monkey ✭✭✭

Hi @Brett_Moffett

Thanks for the reply, I'm on version 10.1.1. It still takes me around 20 minutes to start the cachebuilder, this wouldn't be an issue if it didn't freeze up multiple times a month and stop syncing tickets requiring a restart to fix and frequently the cache builder will fail trying to get the domain users group membership after 10 minutes requiring another restart.

Also leadership wants to add our student domain (part of a large university) so they would have the ability to submit tickets as well, this would take our end users up from 60k to 600k, so if that scales directly we would be looking at 2.5 hours to start the cache builder.

I know bypassing the cache builder wouldn't be supported and may cause other issues, just trying to find a workable solution for us. Right now using sql to update all users to IsServiceCatalogScoped only takes a few seconds and hasn't seemed to cause any other issues. (The cache builder still does all analyst, admin etc permissions).

Thanks,

James

• Brett_MoffettBrett_Moffett Cireson PACE Super IT Monkey ✭✭✭✭✭

This looks like a support issue that I think you should raise as an IR with Cireson Support.

If you increase logging on the Cache Builder service and re-start it, the resulting log will show the support team what kind of issues it is having. They will then be able to work out if there is a configuration issue or perhaps a bug that creeps in at the number of users, work items, and roles that you have.

If you log the support call I can look at it today if you like and escalate it to the person I know will be able to investigate further.

Brett