Home Cireson Uploads

IT Monkey will place code here as examples of what Cireson's consulting team has to offer as well as examples for public consumption to benefit the Microsoft System Center community as a whole.

DISCLAIMER

All files and projects located here come as is and without any warranty or support. We will attempt to improve the projects as time goes on based on customer and community demand. Comments and improvements are welcome as well as customization requests. Your use of these Cireson Uploads is subject to our Terms of Use.

Cireson's support team has no information on these projects outside of what you have available and will not provide support for these enhancements, extensions, and scripts.

Dont forget to checkout solutions uploaded by our customers, partners and community members here.

"Homepage" dashboard widgets

Comments

• Mikkel_MadsenMikkel_Madsen Customer Advanced IT Monkey ✭✭✭

@Gerhard_Goossens What exactly do you mean when you say top left icons?

Number one or two?

• John_BeasleyJohn_Beasley Customer IT Monkey ✭

I believe he is referring to 1

• Metro_ITSMetro_ITS Customer IT Monkey ✭

Sean_Terry, Did you find a way to do this? I am interested in the same thing.

• Sean_TerrySean_Terry Customer Advanced IT Monkey ✭✭✭

I'm not an expert but I took a copy of the files as a backup and starting playing with the stats mentioned in the Home Widget js file. Its been a while but I was looking at lines 294-307 and changed the 5 to a 10. Its just trial and error for me so maybe others will be able to confirm any downsides to that tweak.

• Alfie_ThomasAlfie_Thomas Customer IT Monkey ✭

Hi all, this is an amazing thread and I am new and just getting into this kind of thing.

I was wondering was Welcome message, Home search, top requests, wiCard Widget, home cat, top articles featured and fav requests the only Div classes usable or is there a full list of these and what they do?

Thanks in advance! 

• Justin_WorkmanJustin_Workman Cireson Support Super IT Monkey ✭✭✭✭✭

@Alfie_Thomas - This is the full list for now. I do have another couple of widgets and some additional functionality within one of the widgets that I want to publish. I just haven't gotten around to it. Stay tuned! 😉

Thanks! I look forward to that when it's out!

I have got my in Dev to this currently and was wondering which .js I edit for background colours and things like that. Want to maybe see if I can change the edging of the widgets at all as well.

Also, where are the icons stored normally? I guess somewhere and then we can point them to them at DB level?

Regards,

@Alfie_Thomas - There's a style.css file in the homeWidgets folder that should help with customizing the look of the dashboard widgets.

@John_Beasley and @Gerhard_Goossens here is my solutions - feel free to use whatever you like from it 😊

https://community.cireson.com/discussion/5700/alternate-end-user-home/p1?new=1

Hi Justin,

There is no Style.css file in that location and cannot find it anywhere. Do I have to create it or will the style be changed inside some other file?

Thanks.

@Alfie_Thomas

If you download the zip file from Justins first post, there is a style.css file in it ☺️

Yep. What @Mikkel_Madsen said!

edited September 2020

Thank you guys, always a great help and got this up and running.

Have found issues in IE though where it can run slow and sometimes crash my browser. Works perfectly fine in Chrome and Edge chromium.

Was wondering if anyone has seen the same?

Also, can you have a widget like 'My work' but for users to see Support history? Calls users have previously logged.

Thanks.

@Alfie_Thomas - I'm glad to hear you got it working! It's not surprising that the widgets don't work just right in IE. I didn't do any testing in IE. As it's going away, I probably won't go through the effort either. The "wiCardWidget" with a class of "myrequests" might be what you're looking for? My Requests will show inactive work items.

• Tuan_LuuTuan_Luu Customer IT Monkey ✭

Hi,

Can "HomeSearch" display two columns? One column for RO and the other for KB side by side.

Thanks

Hi guys,

On our analyst home page we have the ARO's and they show the description (Pic 1) but on our user home page with the <div class="topRequests horizontal"></div> just shows the widget (Pic 2). Do you know if we can have the description on the top request widget?

(Pic 1)

(Pic2)

Regards,

@Alfie_Thomas - I added a tag for descriptions. You should be able to just replace your existing code with the code in this zip and add "descriptions" to your topRequests widget. Like this:

<div class="topRequests horizontal descriptions"></div>

Thank you Justin that was brilliant. Does the top request only show the top three ARO's set by popularity in the database. Was wondering if I could get another one in there so it would be 4 across the top of the widget instead of the three here?

• Ian_StephensonIan_Stephenson Customer IT Monkey ✭
    edited December 2020

Do we need to be in the newest version of the Portal for this to work? So far, the changes aren't taking effect on the Test Page I'm using for this. I believe I'm using the Script Loader properly and having it pointing at this page, but the HTML/Text widgets are just loading as text...

***Never mind! Just needed to update the css file and now it is working!****

What does the console in dev tools tell you (hit F12) It will tell you if the script is loaded.

How does your script loader looks like and the line in custom.js where you loads the script file?

@Mikkel_Madsen

Turns out I just needed to edit the css to point to the folder I had this sitting in. Thanks!

@Justin_Workman

Hi Justin, Hope you are well.

So we have an "Analyst" Homepage and a "User" homepage. Only difference is that Users don't have a user role.

I am looking at the Service catalogue Widget on the Homepage I have. Which brings through all the SO Categories - I want to add the Service Catalogue with a select view ARO's to the "User" homepage without bringing all the Analyst's ARO's through. Is this possible?

Our users home page:

Hope that's as clear as possible. If not, I could get an email over to you with more info or a call?

Regards,

@Alfie_Thomas - The homeCat widget will only bring through SOs that that the user is scoped for. I would expect that including it on the User home page should be fine with no additional configuration. If that's not the case, do let me know and we can take this offline.

@Justin_Workman - I have multiple SO's in the SO category. When I add the HomeCat in, it just shows me all categories.

If I could add all users into a user user role and then shut down a certain SO in the Homecat widget that would be good.

Maybe we should book a call.

Ta.

Is there a way to edit the query for My Work items? Our users have multiple accounts but currently only the logged on user can see their work items in the widgets. We have built custom views and tasks for the Portal and Console that allow the logged on user to see all items assigned to any of their accounts, but I wasn't sure if that was possible with these widgets...

I wanted to share that I have done a fairly significant re-write of these home page widgets and uploaded them as a repo to github here. The new approach allows for more flexible customization of widgets. Not only are the widgets in their own separate files now, which makes customizing and editing easier, but it's very simple to create a custom widget and integrate it into this framework. I'm also happy for people to add to the existing set of widgets!

There are a couple of ways you could go with this. If your custom views are driven by saved searches, there's a new Saved Search feature in the wiCardWidget (see my last post above for the link to the github repo with the latest version). You just need to include the View Panel of the Saved Search. The easiest way to get that is this query against ServiceManagement:

SELECT Definition

FROM NavigationNode

WHERE Id = '<GUID of the Saved Search Page>'

The last bit of that definition will have the view panel Id. If you define a wiCardWidget like this with that view panel id, it should work:

• Matt_Howard1Matt_Howard1 Customer Adept IT Monkey ✭✭

Just updated my test environment Portal to v11.0.5. The wiCardWidget disappears and does not load. Anyone else see similar behavior?

@Matt_Howard1 - I'm not seeing any problems with it. Do you have any errors in your dev tools console?

• Matt_Howard1Matt_Howard1 Customer Adept IT Monkey ✭✭

@Justin_Workman 404 errors on jquery.min.js and app.js, loadScript added the widgets without error