Home Analytics

Implementation Notes in SR table in CiresonAnalytics

Zbigniew_ZurekZbigniew_Zurek Customer IT Monkey ✭
I don't see in table SM_WorkItem_ServiceRequest column "Implementation Notes". I think that this should exist in this table because Implementation notes for SR it's this same like Resolution for IR.

Answers

• Tom_HendricksTom_Hendricks Customer Super IT Monkey ✭✭✭✭✭
    This might be more of an FYI than a direct response, but the portal uses the "Notes" property of the SR for this purpose.

I think most of us would agree that this was a miss by Microsoft not to have a distinct Implementation Notes field like the CR ticket (after all, ITIL itself and I would guess MOF by extension, sees SR's as nothing more than extremely standard changes that are more standard than "standard").  

You could extend your SR class to have this property, but be aware that the portal and probably other 3rd party tools are not expecting it to exist.  If your users would be going to the Results tab on a ticket and typing it there, then this would work fine for you, though.
  • Justin_WorkmanJustin_Workman Cireson Support Super IT Monkey ✭✭✭✭✭
    I actually ran up against this myself just today!  Indeed the actual property on the Results tab is simply 'Notes'.  I'd suggest a feature request to capture the SR Notes property.
  • Emma_JenkinsEmma_Jenkins Customer IT Monkey ✭

Hi Justin, hate to drag up old discussion but beats staring a new one.

I have recently come up against this issue since some of our SRs have exceeded the retention and started to drop out of active DB and we are relying on Analytics (no DW) only to realise I cannot find implementation notes.

This issue is paired with me needing to force users to complete the notes, but what is the point of forcing it if we lose it in Analytics.