Home Cireson Uploads

IT Monkey will place code here as examples of what Cireson's consulting team has to offer as well as examples for public consumption to benefit the Microsoft System Center community as a whole.

DISCLAIMER

All files and projects located here come as is and without any warranty or support. We will attempt to improve the projects as time goes on based on customer and community demand. Comments and improvements are welcome as well as customization requests. Your use of these Cireson Uploads is subject to our Terms of Use.

Cireson's support team has no information on these projects outside of what you have available and will not provide support for these enhancements, extensions, and scripts.

Dont forget to checkout solutions uploaded by our customers, partners and community members here.

Resolution Description Required on Change Status Task

Shane_WhiteShane_White Cireson Support Super IT Monkey ✭✭✭✭✭
edited July 2020 in Cireson Uploads

Hi Community!

I had a customer request for this, built out the solution with the help of @cherryln_yap and sharing with you all!

I noticed on the community a few people had asked about making the Resolution Description Required on the existing Change Status task and noticed most of the people just built custom resolve tasks, which is great! BUT, doesn't help when you still want to change the status of the Incident.

Please check out the below code and let me know if this is helpful, just copy and paste the code into custom.js, or use a script loader (recommended):

EDIT: I have removed the lines in custom.js to overwrite the required text, and have made the fix in CSS instead which persists it when opening and closing the window. So copy and paste the content from custom.css.txt to custom.css.

Thanks all!

Shane 😁

Comments

• Emma_JenkinsEmma_Jenkins Customer IT Monkey ✭
    edited September 2020

Hi Shane!

We have the Resolve Incident task which Geoff put in for us at the start. My Users like this and I often get asked about a similar solution for Service Requests. Browsing the forum I noticed its a common question in particular for forcing implementation notes. Can you tell me more about what is attached? I think this is what I am looking for!

Thanks

Emma

• Shane_WhiteShane_White Cireson Support Super IT Monkey ✭✭✭✭✭

Hi @Emma_Jenkins

Currently this is only for IR's but could be tweaked for SR's I suppose! Basically how mine differs to your, you have a new custom task, where as mine overrides the existing custom task. I prefer this method as it means you do not need to hide the Change Status Task and Show the new custom task.

Either way works!

Let me know if this clears it up for you.

Shane

If you would like I could take a look and try tweak it for Service Requests?

If you think that is possible sure that would be great.

Hi @Emma_Jenkins

Okay I have had a little play with this and I think I have come up with a solution...

Take out the original Custom.css changes I posted, as I have done all the changes through Javascript now.

Here is the updated code, let me know if this works!

Thanks,

Shane.

That didn't take long! I have quickly added the script and loading it in our custom.js with script loader in our Dev environment, not sure it is actually doing anything 🧐 Will have to take a closer look another day.

Haha! That's always a good start!

If you are using the script load, can you make sure you have edited the line to make sure it is loading on service requests also?

Thanks,

Shane

Yeah I have the script loader loading on Service Request and Incident pages.

To be perfectly clear even though I have read the code, please tell me in your words what I should see. And to confirm, there is no changes to the custom.css? Or add the lines from your original post?

Yes, I originally provided some CSS to make the wording different, but I have now done it all through Javascript. So if you haven't already, remove the ORIGINAL css I gave you to add in.

You should now have loadscript bringing in that updated js file I gave you, for incidents and service request. No custom css add for this bit. And on Service Request and Incident the fields should be required!

Let me know how you are getting on.

Thanks,

Shane

Everything in right place but no such luck for me Shane :(

Hi Emma,

Sorry have just seen this, did you get it working? If not we could book in a session to work on this!

Thanks,

Shane

Hi Shane, I abandoned it actually as to be honest I don't think I could achieve what we wanted. Cannot remember where I got to. Emma

Would you like to revisit this? If so let me know and i will send you my meeting link :-)