Home General Discussion
Options

CC List Built from E-mail and used to Auto-Fill Send Mail task

RblanchardRblanchard Member IT Monkey ✭
edited September 2020 in General Discussion

We need to be able to pull CC lists in from e-mails for our clients and then use the send mail to send directly from the incident to everyone on the CC list without having to add them all in each time. Is it possible for Cireson to do this? If not, is it possible to build a module to do this? Zendesk can already do this with their Followers feature, but we'd like to stick with Cireson as our product instead.

Answers

• Options
    Justin_WorkmanJustin_Workman Cireson Support Super IT Monkey ✭✭✭✭✭

@Rblanchard - Are you talking about tickets generated via the Exchange Connector? I'm trying to understand the use case and how to bring it to life, because I don't think the functionality you're wanting exists currently.

• Options
    RblanchardRblanchard Member IT Monkey ✭

So currently when a customer e-mails us a new ticket is generated via the exchange connector. The ticket pulls in the first To user as the affected user and all other To or CC become related items. When you try to e-mail out using the portal, the only field that gets populated is the To field from the affected user. We need Cireson to store the other To and CC addresses and then populate them in the CC field for send mail.

This would save our team a significant amount of hassle and allow us to ditch our mailbox entirely and rely on Cireson. Another team in our company would also benefit greatly from this and would save several minutes on each ticket.

Let me know if you had any questions about this use case and I'm happy to help in any way I can to get this going.

• Options
    Shane_WhiteShane_White Cireson Support Super IT Monkey ✭✭✭✭✭

@Rblanchard

Love this idea and I am sure it is possible! I would raise a Feature Request for this :-)

Shane