Home Orchestrator

Reset Enumeration lists in Create Object

Brian_WinterBrian_Winter Customer Advanced IT Monkey ✭✭✭

We redesigned our list of Areas for SRs. I have a Create Object (SR) and when setting the Area, I see a bunch of Other (ServiceRequestAreaEnum.Other) or Other (ServiceRequestAreaEnum.Infrastructure.Other). How do I reset the Orchestrator selection list? Was thinking it would synch.

Answers

• Justin_WorkmanJustin_Workman Cireson Support Super IT Monkey ✭✭✭✭✭

@Brian_Winter - Are you saying that when you are trying to set the Area on an SR in a Runbook you're getting ambiguous values for 'Other' and don't know which one to select?

• Brian_WinterBrian_Winter Customer Advanced IT Monkey ✭✭✭

For a simple example, in SCSM, the SR Support Group list has Miscellaneous Application Support, but on Orchestrator, in the select list, it shows Misc Application Support. For conformity, we expanded Misc in SM, but the change didn't cascade down to Orch.

I came up with a solution by Expanding the Orch support group field and manually changing the value. Then it matched up and worked.

• Justin_WorkmanJustin_Workman Cireson Support Super IT Monkey ✭✭✭✭✭

I would expect Orchestrator to ask for those values in real-time and hence display the accurate values. You might try restarting the System Center data access service(when appropriate...eg. off hours) on the management server Orch is pointing to. I find in my lab that changes to management packs (like editing list values) don't always immediately become available in contexts outside of the SCSM console. I usually restart the service and it helps.

• Brian_WinterBrian_Winter Customer Advanced IT Monkey ✭✭✭

Restarted and rebooted both servers and no luck.