Home General Discussion
Options

Problem Management workflow

Hi, I hope this isn't a dumb question, but I'm trying to understand how problem management is expected to "flow" in the Cireson Portal/SCSM. We are just getting started trying to formally use problem management in addition to incident management and it's not clear how problems get routed. Specifically, since there is no support group defined on a problem record, just an assigned user, how are new problem records intended to be surfaced and identified so that they can be prioritized and assigned? We typically have sent incidents to a particular support group and all the member of the group see it, either as an email notification or within the "My Work" screen, and can pick it up as appropriate. But problem records don't create any notification or show up in the My Work screen.

Hope this makes sense, and thanks for any thoughts

-jmw

Best Answer

Answers

• Options
    Adam_DzyackyAdam_Dzyacky Product Owner Contributor Monkey ✭✭✭✭✭

Hey @Jonathan_Moore-Wrigh

You're right. Problems in SCSM don't have a Support Group...out of box. This is actually a class extension you can add to Problems that we honor in the portal. That way you can see it in Team Requests if it isn't assigned.

If you aren't familiar with making class extensions of the enum variety just let me know and I can provide some documentation/relevant threads.

• Options
    Jonathan_Moore-WrighJonathan_Moore-Wrigh Customer IT Monkey ✭

Thank you Adam, we’ll look into adding that functionality. I’m just wondering, is there a specific reason why support groups aren’t there by default? I just want sure if things were intended to flow a different way.

also, do you have a feel for how many sites typically add this extension? Is it fairly common?

• Options
    Jonathan_Moore-WrighJonathan_Moore-Wrigh Customer IT Monkey ✭

Great, thank you again Adam, this has been very helpful.