Home Service Manager

Requests created by exchange connector has no created by user

Mikkel_MadsenMikkel_Madsen Customer Advanced IT Monkey ✭✭✭
edited October 2020 in Service Manager

Mail processed by standard microsoft exchange connector has no user in the "Created By User" field.

Anyone else seeing this?

As I remember there used to be that - anyone that could give a clue on what is happening?

It's the same in the console - so it not just the portal not syncing the user

Best Answer

• Adam_DzyackyAdam_Dzyacky Product Owner Contributor Monkey ✭✭✭✭✭
    Answer ✓

I just tested this with the latest stock connector (v4.0) and the Created By user is not set.

The SMLets Exchange Connector sets the Created By to the user that sent the email.

Answers

• Justin_WorkmanJustin_Workman Cireson Support Super IT Monkey ✭✭✭✭✭

My guess is it doesn't add the CreatedBy User because it would just be the workflow account anyway. You could use the latest beta of the SMLets Exchange connector: https://github.com/AdhocAdam/smletsexchangeconnector/releases/tag/v3.0.0-Beta1

It would allow you to set the CreatedBy User to the email sender.

• Adam_DzyackyAdam_Dzyacky Product Owner Contributor Monkey ✭✭✭✭✭
    Answer ✓

I just tested this with the latest stock connector (v4.0) and the Created By user is not set.

The SMLets Exchange Connector sets the Created By to the user that sent the email.

• Brian_WiestBrian_Wiest Customer Super IT Monkey ✭✭✭✭✭

Could this be an environmental issue?

Just tested on SCSM 2016 UR8 with stock Exchange Connector 4.0 pulling email from M365 and it set the affected user in the console.

• Mikkel_MadsenMikkel_Madsen Customer Advanced IT Monkey ✭✭✭

@Brian_Wiest Affected user it set correct but no one in created by user :)

edited October 2020

Created by user was also set properly (as the email account the message was sent to)

Thanks @Brian_Wiest I have done som cleanup work in users but the workflow account still exist in the cmdb.

How is your connector settings?

That screenshot does not appear to be from the Exchange connector 4.0, it is missing the OAuth option. (Exchange Online)

The mailbox we are impersonating is a valid AD account that is in the CMDB.

ahh - it's version 3 - I have to do some upgrade - maybe it's works after that :)

I have been running 3.1 in production.

Testing 4.0 in Lab to see if we can get the OAuth working. So far no luck. MS has been reviewing for a few weeks. (Fedramp issues)