Home Analyst Portal
Options

Performance Question

Sean_TerrySean_Terry Customer Advanced IT Monkey ✭✭✭

We have a fairly large deployment of SCSM and currently we have dynamic data set to the default value for syncing (10 minutes). We have around 19 classes in dynamic data and I wondered what other companies are doing with the sync. Any risks to extending this period.

Just reviewing a few of the KAs available. Curious to see what everyone else has set, or if Cireson recommend different limits for larger environments?

Thanks

Best Answer

• Options
    Adam_DzyackyAdam_Dzyacky Product Owner Contributor Monkey ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited October 2020 Answer ✓

I've had about 25-30 classes syncing to Platform each with several to tens of thousands of objects per class. Examples include but are not limited to:

• SCSM Work Items = Incident, Service Request, Problem, Change Requests, Review Activities, Manual Activities
    • SCSM Config Items = Asset Management Invoice, HW Asset, SW Asset, Vendor and Business Services
    • SCCM Software Updates = Several years worth of updates as brought in through SCCM connector
    • SCOM classes = Azure Inventory (resource groups, VMs, etc.), Network Devices, Windows Computer class that further augments the AD/SCCM connector datasets, SQL servers, and custom CI discoveries being made in SCOM to manage inventory in SCSM

The only performance difference I noticed were around initial builds of the platform as there is just sooooooo much data to bring in. I think my record for an initial build was about 30 something minutes. But once its in and it's just updating the diff performance was near instantaneous. Global Search, powershell calls to the api, etc. Just insanely fast.

Certainly no harm in extending the sync period, but I never once had to change it despite the wealth of information being brought into the platform.

Answers

• Options
    Adam_DzyackyAdam_Dzyacky Product Owner Contributor Monkey ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited October 2020 Answer ✓

I've had about 25-30 classes syncing to Platform each with several to tens of thousands of objects per class. Examples include but are not limited to:

• SCSM Work Items = Incident, Service Request, Problem, Change Requests, Review Activities, Manual Activities
    • SCSM Config Items = Asset Management Invoice, HW Asset, SW Asset, Vendor and Business Services
    • SCCM Software Updates = Several years worth of updates as brought in through SCCM connector
    • SCOM classes = Azure Inventory (resource groups, VMs, etc.), Network Devices, Windows Computer class that further augments the AD/SCCM connector datasets, SQL servers, and custom CI discoveries being made in SCOM to manage inventory in SCSM

The only performance difference I noticed were around initial builds of the platform as there is just sooooooo much data to bring in. I think my record for an initial build was about 30 something minutes. But once its in and it's just updating the diff performance was near instantaneous. Global Search, powershell calls to the api, etc. Just insanely fast.

Certainly no harm in extending the sync period, but I never once had to change it despite the wealth of information being brought into the platform.