Home Analyst Portal
Options

Increase size of the Description and Notes field in Manual Activities on the portal

Ryan_KennedyRyan_Kennedy Customer IT Monkey ✭

Hello,

We are wanting to increase the size of the Description and Notes field in Manual Activities.

There doesn't seem to be a .js form or any other open source code for the Activities form. So we can’t edit the code to make Description text area bigger.

I could use CSS to increase the height of the textarea but in the Activity form, fields do not have an id. I have attempted to change height of textarea using class 'k-textbox'. Increasing the height of this increases the height of EVERY text area in the portal.. For example the request offering forms have got field textarea instead of textbox for names. This is because when I create new request offering it always creates textarea, I don’t have option to create text box in request offering configuration prompt.

The only work around we could find was by increasing the height for text area class and then referencing every other text area in the portal (which all seem to have IDs!) an specifying the height of them.

For example

textarea.k-textbox {
 height: 220px;
}

#textArea4d812e30-bc3b-43f0-9db8-a5934a467174 {
 height: 20px;
}

However, there would be hundreds of these we would have to do, plus everytime we create a new request offering ...Has anyone found another work around of how we can increase the size of these boxes?

Is there a plan to change this in future releases of the portal?

Thanks

Best Answers

• Options
    Geoff_RossGeoff_Ross Cireson Consultant O.G.
    Answer ✓
    Ryan,

You can target just the activities boxes with:

.activity-item-body textarea {
    }

Geoff
  • Options
    seth_coussensseth_coussens Member Ninja IT Monkey ✭✭✭✭
    Answer ✓
    Geoff's suggestion above should work for all Description and Notes fields in ALL activities (RA, MA, etc). You could also do something with your custom.js file and add a bit of javascript to modify the CSS dynamically.

Something like this, and you could even specify that the 'ID' field starts with 'MA' if you wanted to be specific.

$(".activity-item-body textarea").css("height", "220px");

Answers

• Options
    Geoff_RossGeoff_Ross Cireson Consultant O.G.
    Answer ✓
    Ryan,

You can target just the activities boxes with:

}

Geoff
  • Options
    seth_coussensseth_coussens Member Ninja IT Monkey ✭✭✭✭
    Answer ✓
    Geoff's suggestion above should work for all Description and Notes fields in ALL activities (RA, MA, etc). You could also do something with your custom.js file and add a bit of javascript to modify the CSS dynamically.

Something like this, and you could even specify that the 'ID' field starts with 'MA' if you wanted to be specific.

• Options
    Ryan_KennedyRyan_Kennedy Customer IT Monkey ✭
    Thanks a lot guys, it is working now :)
  • Options
    alex_kokinalex_kokin Member IT Monkey ✭

what file are you adding this to? I need to have my description box stay large.

• Options
    Mikkel_MadsenMikkel_Madsen Customer Advanced IT Monkey ✭✭✭

@alex_kokin

This code goes into the custom.css file in the customspace folder

}

This one goes into the custom.js file in the customspace folder