Home General Discussion
Options

Particular Users Can't See Particular Ticket Types (IR / SR / CR)

Martin_McNultyMartin_McNulty Customer IT Monkey ✭

Hi there.

Has anyone come across an issue where particular individuals are unable to access particular types of helpdesk ticket? A few days ago one of our admins - who has full permissions to everything on the helpdesk - was getting nothing but a white screen when opening any CR item, but could access everything else just fine.

Now today, someone else is unable to open any IRs, but can access other items just fine.

I restarted and reset all the basic / obvious services and caches just to see if it made a difference, but it hasn't. I'll need to dig in further but I'm actually not even sure what it could be at all.

Has anyone seen this before or have any idea what could cause this type of issue?

Answers

• Options
    Justin_WorkmanJustin_Workman Cireson Support Super IT Monkey ✭✭✭✭✭

You might check Admin Settings -> Work Item Settings and validate there aren't any groups set up in there.

• Options
    Martin_McNultyMartin_McNulty Customer IT Monkey ✭

Hi @Justin_Workman . This is what we have there. Nothing of note?

• Options
    Justin_WorkmanJustin_Workman Cireson Support Super IT Monkey ✭✭✭✭✭

The only other thing I can think of would be validating their User Roles in SCSM are able to access the various work item types. Advanced Operator can read/write all types that are in scope where the various WI roles (Incident Resolver, Service Request Analyst) may be restricting access in an unexpected way.