Home Configuration Manager

Rebuilding Connectors after Major Incident

Neil_McEvoyNeil_McEvoy Customer IT Monkey ✭

Hello,

A situation recently required the rebuild of our entire SCCM environment. Cireson is up and functioning, but largely as a standalone as all of the AD/Configuration Manager Connectors I've adjusted after entering new SCCM information, aren't running.

I've completed the wizard for each, to include testing the connection with my service account. Cireson eventually informs that the connectors are created successfully, but clicking "Synchronize Now" doesn't do anything. The new ones are appended with _Mac to differentiate them from the already-existing connectors.

Answers

• Justin_WorkmanJustin_Workman Cireson Support Super IT Monkey ✭✭✭✭✭

@Neil_McEvoy - I want to clarify number 1, that SCSM is not synonymous with Cireson. Your screenshot is of the SCSM console which (for the purposes of this discussion) has nothing to do with Cireson. Connectors also (once again, in this specific context) don't have anything to do with Cireson. Cireson provides tools and a UI that sit on top of SCSM, but they aren't the same thing.

I see the connectors not running, can you tell me if any of your workflows are running? ie. Notifications going out, New SRs or CRs changing out of "New" status, etc? If not, can you tell me if there is a CI for your workflow server in Configuration Items -> Computers?

• Neil_McEvoyNeil_McEvoy Customer IT Monkey ✭

Great. Thanks.

I'll reach out to Microsoft.

• Justin_WorkmanJustin_Workman Cireson Support Super IT Monkey ✭✭✭✭✭

@Neil_McEvoy - I wasn't suggesting you reach out to Microsoft, I just wanted to clarify terminology. I encounter the labelling of SCSM + any amount of Cireson technology as simply "Cireson" frequently and just wanted to highlight the distinction.

Are your workflows running? Is your Workflow Server present in Computer CIs?

• Neil_McEvoyNeil_McEvoy Customer IT Monkey ✭

OK. Thanks for the clarification.

You're dealing with a real neophyte here. How do I tell if the workflows are running? Where is the workflow server defined?