Home General Discussion
Options

SCSM Error - Event viewer

CaterhamITSupportCaterhamITSupport Member Advanced IT Monkey ✭✭✭

Dear All,

We keep getting the following error in event viewer:

The database subscription query is longer than expected. Check the database or simplify the database subscription criteria.

The following errors were encountered:

Exception message: Subscription query is taking long.

Subscription id:

SMCMDB Subscription Data

Warning 33610

Is this something to be concerned about? The system is working ok, importing and changing some management packs seems slow though.

Daniel

Best Answer

• Options
    Adam_DzyackyAdam_Dzyacky Product Owner Contributor Monkey ✭✭✭✭✭
    Answer ✓

If you see a single or a few sporadic 33610's here 'n there - it's generally nothing to worry about.

What makes 33610's cause for concern is if you see a spree of them in the middle of the workday. I say the middle of the work day because it is not unusual to see them at 12am and 2am as these are out of box SCSM grooming times. So it's possible to see workflows fall behind during those hours as SCSM is performing internal maintenance. But again, that's nothing to be alarmed about.

However, if you are seeing a lot of them during the middle of your workday, it suggests there is some additional culprit that could be causing performance issues. There could be any number of reasons for this but I've written on this topic somewhat extensively before over here:

Answers

• Options
    Adam_DzyackyAdam_Dzyacky Product Owner Contributor Monkey ✭✭✭✭✭
    Answer ✓

If you see a single or a few sporadic 33610's here 'n there - it's generally nothing to worry about.

What makes 33610's cause for concern is if you see a spree of them in the middle of the workday. I say the middle of the work day because it is not unusual to see them at 12am and 2am as these are out of box SCSM grooming times. So it's possible to see workflows fall behind during those hours as SCSM is performing internal maintenance. But again, that's nothing to be alarmed about.

However, if you are seeing a lot of them during the middle of your workday, it suggests there is some additional culprit that could be causing performance issues. There could be any number of reasons for this but I've written on this topic somewhat extensively before over here:

• Options
    Shane_WhiteShane_White Cireson Support Super IT Monkey ✭✭✭✭✭

@CaterhamITSupport

What version of SCSM are you on?