Home Analyst Portal

Display only Child Enums in ARO

Alex_MarshAlex_Marsh Premier Partner Advanced IT Monkey ✭✭✭

I'm wondering if this is possible as it would save the desk guys an additional step.

If I have say an "Application Issue" ARO and all of my applications listed under an Applications parent enumeration in the incident classification list, is it possible to only display the items under the apps parent enum and have it still map the child enum when the request offering is submitted?

i.e. if my incident classifications are Applications - Office 365, only show Office 365 in the request offering?

Hopefully that made sense!

Answers

• Geoff_RossGeoff_Ross Cireson Consultant O.G.

Hey Alex,

It might be possible by editing the enum Id in the XML but I'm not sure how that would then handle further edits in the console.

My only other thought is to keep classification as the 'type of Incident' and use Affected CI for the 'what has gone wrong'. You could use Business Services or Software Assets for your Applications and require the selection of one of these objects.

Geoff

• Alex_MarshAlex_Marsh Premier Partner Advanced IT Monkey ✭✭✭

Yeah I'd rather have used CI's for it but they're unfortunately not at that stage yet. I was hoping to limit something in the portal with a bit of js on the request offering form to override the root enum but not sure whether that would be possible or not and I'm not sure if the RO toolbox could help here either

Hmm so I can see from the RO what's going on. The form uses the /api/v3/Enum/GetListForRequestOffering to pull all of the values and targets the root with the parentID= parameter for the api call. Would it be possible to override the data-control-url to replace a new parentID with a piece of js which is called on page load?

• Justin_WorkmanJustin_Workman Cireson Support Super IT Monkey ✭✭✭✭✭

@Alex_Marsh - You might also consider using the RO toolbox and do a QueryList using a query to target the enum values you want.

This was my other thought. Will it set the field correctly in the form on submit?

That won't work....

I'm looking at another method. Standby....

@Alex_Marsh - I built a branch of the RO Toolbox on my github with a new control. The new control is called EnumFilter and is configured thusly:

FilterId is the Id of the child enum the picker should start from.

Awesome work, though I appear to be getting this when trying to use it

VM12018:1 Uncaught SyntaxError: Unexpected end of JSON input

at JSON.parse (<anonymous>)

at parseOptions (custom_ROToolbox.js:308)

at buildEnumFilter (custom_ROToolbox.js:485)

at HTMLDivElement.<anonymous> (custom_ROToolbox.js:279)

at Function.each (jquery.min.js?v=1032:2)

at k.fn.init.each (jquery.min.js?v=1032:2)

at transformRO (custom_ROToolbox.js:278)

at custom_ROToolbox.js:209

edited December 2020

OK seem to have sorted that (not sure what I did apart from kick cachebuilder again)

Doesn't seem to be working. so my child enum is Applications, and under that it has 7zip, office etc. I've set the child enum to be that of Applications but it's still showing all of them...

Right it does work, however due to the nature of the box it's a bit interesting.

There appear to be 2 drop down arrows on my enum list.

First one (closest to X) shows everything

second one (outside of the box) shows correctly

Have I got a duff control box or is this expected appearance?

But fantastic work @Justin_Workman. You managed to suss out in an hour what it's taken me most of last night and a couple hours to day to sort! The versatility of the ROToolbox knows no bounds!

It looks like the portal was styled with a theme from portalthemer.cireson.com. If you go back to themer, there's a dropdown at the top of the page for portal versions greater than 8.4. Grab a new css file and that should clear up the enum arrows.

Also, I'm glad the new control is working for you! 😊

It's working a treat, my only concern is that end users may start typing in the box where it does show the parent\child format still. If can get this disabled too I think we're onto a winner!

@Alex_Marsh - I updated the branch!