Home General Discussion

Using Powershell Exchange Connector to read from O365 mailbox ?

Stephane_BouillonStephane_Bouillon Customer Advanced IT Monkey ✭✭✭

Hi,

I'm using the powershell exchange connector to read mails from specific mailboxes to create incidents. Our mail infrastructure is moving to O365, so I need to update the way we used to connect to the onprem exchange server for this to access Exchange Online instead.

Which config parameters do I need to change or -alternatively- is there a newer and better way to do this ? I'm on portal version 10.2.1.2016

Thanks for any pointers,

Stephane

Best Answer

• Adam_DzyackyAdam_Dzyacky Product Owner Contributor Monkey ✭✭✭✭✭
    Answer ✓

I can only assume you're referring to the SMLets Exchange Connector?

In v2.4 of the connector, OAuth support was introduced to connect to Office 365. But in v3.0 workflow support was introduced, so now you don't have to micro-manage credentials separate from SCSM.

So you can consume Run as Accounts, enter Azure App Ids, etc. all entirely in the Settings UI.

Answers

• Adam_DzyackyAdam_Dzyacky Product Owner Contributor Monkey ✭✭✭✭✭
    Answer ✓

I can only assume you're referring to the SMLets Exchange Connector?

In v2.4 of the connector, OAuth support was introduced to connect to Office 365. But in v3.0 workflow support was introduced, so now you don't have to micro-manage credentials separate from SCSM.

So you can consume Run as Accounts, enter Azure App Ids, etc. all entirely in the Settings UI.

• Stephane_BouillonStephane_Bouillon Customer Advanced IT Monkey ✭✭✭

I guess I'll have to install v3.1 then... Thanks Adam