Home Cireson Uploads

IT Monkey will place code here as examples of what Cireson's consulting team has to offer as well as examples for public consumption to benefit the Microsoft System Center community as a whole.

DISCLAIMER

All files and projects located here come as is and without any warranty or support. We will attempt to improve the projects as time goes on based on customer and community demand. Comments and improvements are welcome as well as customization requests. Your use of these Cireson Uploads is subject to our Terms of Use.

Cireson's support team has no information on these projects outside of what you have available and will not provide support for these enhancements, extensions, and scripts.

Dont forget to checkout solutions uploaded by our customers, partners and community members here.

Quick Resolve Incidents / Quick Complete Service Requests

Shane_WhiteShane_White Cireson Support Super IT Monkey ✭✭✭✭✭

Hi Community,

A very common issue I see with customers is people on the Service Desk typically have a lot of standard nature of tickets which they tend to close off straight away, whether it be an account locked or a password reset and it can take time to open a ticket, save it, reopen the ticket, save it etc.. And even more so on a Service Request because you need to wait for workflows to run!

But no more! This solution will help alleviate a lot of that sitting around just to complete/resolve a ticket, you can just create the ticket and forget about it!

All files can be downloaded from my github: https://github.com/shanewh1te/Cireson-QuickResolve-WorkItems

So there are a few components to this:

1. Install the ManagementPack (Cireson.WorkItem.ServiceRequest.Extensions.QuickComplete.mp), this is a class Extension for the SR class to add a Boolean (True of False) field to the class. This is used to toggle whether a Service Request is a quick complete SR or not because the SCSM console does not let you pre-complete an SR in the template.
  2. Copy the QuickResolve Folder from the files to C:\inetpub\CiresonPortal\CustomSpace
  3. Copy the contents of Custom.js to your Custom.js file in the above location

Once you have done all of this you will be good to go! I have also attached a word document explaining the usage for each example, an Incident and a Service Request.

A little bit of a discussion area for this is whether or not you would want to use Activities on a Quick Complete SR, so let me know your thoughts on this below!

Let me know what you think!

Thanks,

Shane

Comments

• Shane_WhiteShane_White Cireson Support Super IT Monkey ✭✭✭✭✭

Apologies to anyone who had tried to download this, there was a mistake in the .mp file which I have now corrected, so it should import now with no issues!

• Gerhard_GoossensGerhard_Goossens Customer Advanced IT Monkey ✭✭✭

Hi Shane, this was a request from our analysts. I built mine with orchestrator. I have a quick assign and quick resolve. I created request offerings that use a template with the runbook activity that are exposed to only the analysts.

nice work @Gerhard_Goossens! I did consider this as an option when thinking about building a solution, but I wanted to go with something a little simpler to implement which could still have a big impact!

But great work!

• Gerhard_GoossensGerhard_Goossens Customer Advanced IT Monkey ✭✭✭

@Shane_White yeah, yours is much easier to implement. I will load it in our test env and give it a go.

Let me know what you think :-)

• Paul_ParryPaul_Parry Member IT Monkey ✭

Shane, The Quick Resolve sends an email for Incident /Request Open, is is possible we get an email for Job Complete too.

Thanks

Hi @Paul_Parry

An educated guess here would be because the status is being set straight away, it isn't 1 value then changed, so I created a test subscription which seemed to work great for Incidents:

Let me know if this helps!

Thanks,

Shane

The trick here was to base the subscription on incidents that were created, where the status was already resolved.

• Paul_ParryPaul_Parry Member IT Monkey ✭

Thanks very much that has been implemented and tested and is working fine.

• Matt_Howard1Matt_Howard1 Customer Adept IT Monkey ✭✭

@Shane_White could this be applied to incidents or service requests created via request offering?

Hi @Matt_Howard1

Sorry for the slow response, thinking about this.. Not in the way it is currently designed (I don't think), but I think there could be a way to do this with Request Offerings with other automation, because this solution relies on you being on a "New" Workitem, whereas in a Request Offering you are never on the new WorkItem page. So maybe a PowerShell Script in SCOrch or a PowerShell Activity behind the scenes could achieve then same result!

Thanks,

Shane