Home Self-Service Portal - Community

Request Failed error wher

Ozgur_SahinOzgur_Sahin Customer IT Monkey ✭
Hello Cireson Community

I have a problem 
Sometimes when an end user updates a ticket, he gets an error "Request Failed" when he clicks the SAVE or APPLY button.
I have tried to clear the cache of the browser but it didn't help.
in order to solve this problem, I change the AFFECTED USER to me and back to that end user.
after this, the end user can update the ticket and save.

I checked the log file and there are these lines. Do you know what mean these lines?

2017-06-12 09:32:39,449,UpdateDirtyProjectionAsync threw an exception
2017-06-12 09:32:39,449,Microsoft.EnterpriseManagement.Common.UnauthorizedAccessEnterpriseManagementException: The user DOMAIN\NAME.SURNAME does not have sufficient permission to perform the operation.
   at Microsoft.EnterpriseManagement.Common.Internal.ServiceProxy.HandleFault(String methodName, Message message)
   at Microsoft.EnterpriseManagement.Common.Internal.ConnectorFrameworkConfigurationServiceProxy.ProcessDiscoveryData(Guid discoverySourceId, IList`1 entityInstances, IDictionary`2 streams, ObjectChangelist`1 extensions)
   at Microsoft.EnterpriseManagement.ConnectorFramework.IncrementalDiscoveryData.CommitInternal(EnterpriseManagementGroup managementGroup, Guid discoverySourceId, Boolean useOptimisticConcurrency)
   at Microsoft.EnterpriseManagement.ConnectorFramework.IncrementalDiscoveryData.Commit(EnterpriseManagementGroup managementGroup, Guid discoverySourceId, Boolean useOptimisticConcurrency)
   at Microsoft.EnterpriseManagement.ConnectorFramework.IncrementalDiscoveryData.CommitForUserDiscoverySource(EnterpriseManagementGroup managementGroup, Boolean useOptimisticConcurrency)
   at Cireson.ServiceManager.ManagementService.ManagementService.<>c__DisplayClassc.<InvokeCommand>b__b(EnterpriseManagementGroup emg)
   at Cireson.ServiceManager.ManagementService.ManagementService.InvokeCommand[T](Func`2 func, Boolean invokeAsService)
   at Cireson.ServiceManager.ManagementService.ManagementService.InvokeCommand(Action`1 action, Boolean invokeAsService)
   at Cireson.ServiceManager.ManagementService.ManagementService.<>c__DisplayClass6.<InvokeCommandAsync>b__5()
   at System.Threading.Tasks.Task.Execute()
--- End of stack trace from previous location where exception was thrown ---
   at System.Runtime.CompilerServices.TaskAwaiter.ThrowForNonSuccess(Task task)
   at System.Runtime.CompilerServices.TaskAwaiter.HandleNonSuccessAndDebuggerNotification(Task task)
   at Cireson.ServiceManager.ManagementService.ManagementService.<InvokeCommandAsync>d__8.MoveNext()
   at System.Runtime.CompilerServices.TaskAwaiter.HandleNonSuccessAndDebuggerNotification(Task task)
   at Cireson.ServiceManager.Services.Projection.<UpdateDirtyProjectionAsync>d__6c.MoveNext()

Answers

• merlenette_jonesmerlenette_jones Member Advanced IT Monkey ✭✭✭
    Hello Cireson Community

I have a problem 
    Sometimes when an end user updates a ticket, he gets an error "Request Failed" when he clicks the SAVE or APPLY button.
    in order to solve this problem, I change the AFFECTED USER to me and back to that end user.

I checked the log file and there are these lines. Do you know what mean these lines?

2017-06-12 09:32:39,449,Microsoft.EnterpriseManagement.Common.UnauthorizedAccessEnterpriseManagementException: The user DOMAIN\NAME.SURNAME does not have sufficient permission to perform the operation.
       at Microsoft.EnterpriseManagement.Common.Internal.ServiceProxy.HandleFault(String methodName, Message message)
       at Microsoft.EnterpriseManagement.Common.Internal.ConnectorFrameworkConfigurationServiceProxy.ProcessDiscoveryData(Guid discoverySourceId, IList`1 entityInstances, IDictionary`2 streams, ObjectChangelist`1 extensions)
       at Microsoft.EnterpriseManagement.ConnectorFramework.IncrementalDiscoveryData.CommitInternal(EnterpriseManagementGroup managementGroup, Guid discoverySourceId, Boolean useOptimisticConcurrency)
       at Microsoft.EnterpriseManagement.ConnectorFramework.IncrementalDiscoveryData.Commit(EnterpriseManagementGroup managementGroup, Guid discoverySourceId, Boolean useOptimisticConcurrency)
       at Microsoft.EnterpriseManagement.ConnectorFramework.IncrementalDiscoveryData.CommitForUserDiscoverySource(EnterpriseManagementGroup managementGroup, Boolean useOptimisticConcurrency)
       at Cireson.ServiceManager.ManagementService.ManagementService.<>c__DisplayClassc.<InvokeCommand>b__b(EnterpriseManagementGroup emg)
       at Cireson.ServiceManager.ManagementService.ManagementService.InvokeCommand[T](Func`2 func, Boolean invokeAsService)
       at Cireson.ServiceManager.ManagementService.ManagementService.InvokeCommand(Action`1 action, Boolean invokeAsService)
       at Cireson.ServiceManager.ManagementService.ManagementService.<>c__DisplayClass6.<InvokeCommandAsync>b__5()
       at Cireson.ServiceManager.ManagementService.ManagementService.<InvokeCommandAsync>d__8.MoveNext()
       at Cireson.ServiceManager.Services.Projection.<UpdateDirtyProjectionAsync>d__6c.MoveNext()

Hello,

Is this just happening to one user or a group of users?

The error:

09:32:39,449,Microsoft.EnterpriseManagement.Common.UnauthorizedAccessEnterpriseManagementException: The user DOMAIN\NAME.SURNAME does not have sufficient permission to perform the operation.
       at 

Would suggest the user doesn't have access to the workitem or a certain form. 

Are you using custom forms?

Is the app pool account an SCSM admin in Service Manager?
  • Ozgur_SahinOzgur_Sahin Customer IT Monkey ✭
    Hello Cireson Community

I have a problem 

Hello,

Is this just happening to one user or a group of users?

The error:

09:32:39,449,Microsoft.EnterpriseManagement.Common.UnauthorizedAccessEnterpriseManagementException: The user DOMAIN\NAME.SURNAME does not have sufficient permission to perform the operation.
       at 

Would suggest the user doesn't have access to the workitem or a certain form. 

Are you using custom forms?

Is the app pool account an SCSM admin in Service Manager?

Hello,

No, the end user's are from different end users groups.

checked the "All Work Items can be accessed" for (end users) User roles.

Yes, our Incident form is customized.

I don't understand this question "Is the app pool account an SCSM admin in Service Manager?"
  • Peter_SettlePeter_Settle Customer Advanced IT Monkey ✭✭✭

It is referring to the Administration - Security - User Roles in SCSM.

In the Administrators group is the App Pool set as a user.

• David_JohnsenDavid_Johnsen Customer Advanced IT Monkey ✭✭✭
    Hi Ozgur_Sahin,

Did you ever get this resolved? We've just had the same reported.
    edited August 2017
    Hi @David_Johnsen

No.This issue continues.
    I don't know what I must check or configure in order to solve this problem.
    The AD Users sometimes get that error when they try to add a comment .
    I checked almost everything.

there are 2 lines in log file when an user get thar error
    1 )IRXXXXX threw an exception likely due to scoping that hasn't been applied
    2)The user DOMAIN\NAME.SURNAME does not have sufficient permission to perform the operation.

2017-06-28 17:09:55,838,System.Data.SqlTypes.SqlTypeException: SqlDateTime overflow. Must be between 1/1/1753 12:00:00 AM and 12/31/9999 11:59:59 PM.   at System.Data.SqlClient.TdsParser.TdsExecuteRPC(_SqlRPC[] rpcArray, Int32 timeout, Boolean inSchema, SqlNotificationRequest notificationRequest, TdsParserStateObject stateObj, Boolean isCommandProc, Boolean sync, TaskCompletionSource`1 completion, Int32 startRpc, Int32 startParam)   at System.Data.SqlClient.SqlCommand.RunExecuteReaderTds(CommandBehavior cmdBehavior, RunBehavior runBehavior, Boolean returnStream, Boolean async, Int32 timeout, Task& task, Boolean asyncWrite, SqlDataReader ds)   at System.Data.SqlClient.SqlCommand.RunExecuteReader(CommandBehavior cmdBehavior, RunBehavior runBehavior, Boolean returnStream, String method, TaskCompletionSource`1 completion, Int32 timeout, Task& task, Boolean asyncWrite)   at System.Data.SqlClient.SqlCommand.InternalExecuteNonQuery(TaskCompletionSource`1 completion, String methodName, Boolean sendToPipe, Int32 timeout, Boolean asyncWrite)   at System.Data.SqlClient.SqlCommand.BeginExecuteNonQueryInternal(AsyncCallback callback, Object stateObject, Int32 timeout, Boolean asyncWrite)   at System.Data.SqlClient.SqlCommand.BeginExecuteNonQueryAsync(AsyncCallback callback, Object stateObject)   at System.Threading.Tasks.TaskFactory`1.FromAsyncImpl(Func`3 beginMethod, Func`2 endFunction, Action`1 endAction, Object state, TaskCreationOptions creationOptions)   at System.Threading.Tasks.TaskFactory`1.FromAsync(Func`3 beginMethod, Func`2 endMethod, Object state)   at System.Data.SqlClient.SqlCommand.ExecuteNonQueryAsync(CancellationToken cancellationToken)--- End of stack trace from previous location where exception was thrown ---   at System.Runtime.CompilerServices.TaskAwaiter.ThrowForNonSuccess(Task task)   at System.Runtime.CompilerServices.TaskAwaiter.HandleNonSuccessAndDebuggerNotification(Task task)   at System.Runtime.CompilerServices.TaskAwaiter`1.GetResult()   at Cireson.ServiceManager.DAL.Database.<ExecuteStoredProcedureNonQueryAsync>d__50.MoveNext()--- End of stack trace from previous location where exception was thrown ---   at System.Runtime.CompilerServices.TaskAwaiter.ThrowForNonSuccess(Task task)   at System.Runtime.CompilerServices.TaskAwaiter.HandleNonSuccessAndDebuggerNotification(Task task)   at System.Runtime.CompilerServices.TaskAwaiter`1.GetResult()   at Cireson.ServiceManager.Services.Implementations.ProjectionPersistenceService.<UpdateCacheWithNewWorkItemAsync>d__64.MoveNext()--- End of stack trace from previous location where exception was thrown ---   at System.Runtime.CompilerServices.TaskAwaiter.ThrowForNonSuccess(Task task)   at System.Runtime.CompilerServices.TaskAwaiter.HandleNonSuccessAndDebuggerNotification(Task task)   at Cireson.ServiceManager.Services.Implementations.ProjectionPersistenceService.<UpdateCacheAsync>d__52.MoveNext()--- End of stack trace from previous location where exception was thrown ---   at System.Runtime.CompilerServices.TaskAwaiter.ThrowForNonSuccess(Task task)   at System.Runtime.CompilerServices.TaskAwaiter.HandleNonSuccessAndDebuggerNotification(Task task)   at Cireson.ServiceManager.Services.Implementations.ProjectionPersistenceService.<CommitSaveAsync>d__33.MoveNext()2017-06-28 17:11:07,230,IR106413 threw an exception likely due to scoping that hasn't been applied
    That's when we get it too, when users try to update their calls. 
    They can see the calls fine, but cant update them.

The same workaround (of swapping the user out and back in) also works for us, but is obviously not a fix as the user would have to ask us to do that before updating!

It's certainly not all users, and as proved by the above, it isn't permissions as they can update calls once moved out of the affected user and back in.

Have you spoke to support and asked for them to have a look already?
    @David_Johnsen 
    No, I haven't connected with support.
    what is your portal version?
    Ours is:
    Current Portal Version: 5.0.6.0
    We're on with @Geoff_Ross to get it updated :smile:
    edited August 2017
    Our Version: 5.0.2.1 
    I hope you will update ASAP :wink:
    We also will, at this time I create a TEST SCSM 
    environment.
    I don't want to update our PROD without testing.

As I understand, this Request Failed error was for our versions
    and CIRESON has solved it by a bug.

but there must be a solution for our versions also :smiley:

• Robert_OsterbergRobert_Osterberg Customer Adept IT Monkey ✭✭
    edited August 2017
    Portal Version 8.1.1 SCSM 2016
    We have the same issue but with users approving/rejecting RA. this error have been with us since 2012 r2 Ur3 and the old silver light portal though the error message was somewhat different. We have a case with microst about this and it is not the Cireson Portal that throws this exception. I belive it it is the data access layer of SCSM but i cant prove it ;)  . 
    2012 portal error msg: "The approve operation is not allowed in the current state of the activity"

after update to ver 8.1.1 of the portal this error is more frequent then ever, alot of RA getting this error after updating the SSP.
    I have tried to do it the old way by approving insde the RA instead and that will work and the RA will be updated. Sometimes the portal just stops responding and the user has to leave the page. When this happens sometimes when checking the RA it has been updated correctley but the user did not get that feedback in the Portal.
  • Sean_TerrySean_Terry Customer Advanced IT Monkey ✭✭✭
    edited December 2018
    Did this ever get resolved?  We have something similar with staff adding comments. Currently using 8.9.5 but it has occurred on earlier versions but appears to be more frequent now.
  • Alfie_ThomasAlfie_Thomas Customer IT Monkey ✭

Anyone get this resolved at all?

• Alfie_ThomasAlfie_Thomas Customer IT Monkey ✭

Bump

• Sean_TerrySean_Terry Customer Advanced IT Monkey ✭✭✭

Getting an issue like this in 11.6.3 where users can sometimes add comments and then days later are unable to update the same ticket, getting

2023-08-22 09:46:46,174, ERROR [ 58]: UpdateDirtyProjectionAsync threw an exception

2023-08-22 09:46:24,116, ERROR [ 96]: Microsoft.EnterpriseManagement.Common.UnauthorizedAccessEnterpriseManagementException: