Home Service Manager
Options

E-mail headers modifications?

Peter_MiklianPeter_Miklian Customer Advanced IT Monkey ✭✭✭

My colleague was investigating IR where e-mail headers were important and he noticed that headers of e-mail in IR attachment were not the same as in original e-mail. See the screenshot in attachment.

Email1 with Attachment2 was sent to mailbox for processing. Stock MS Exchange connector v3.2 grabbed it, created IR and moved the Email1 to Deleted Items.

On the left side: header from Attachment2 when opened from Outlook -> mailbox -> Deleted Items -> Email1 -> Attachment2

On the right side: header from Attachment2 when opened from Cireson Portal IR -> attachments.

I used black rectangles to hide names of our servers and users.

Did someone investigate or know more about this? Thanks.

Answers

• Options
    Peter_MiklianPeter_Miklian Customer Advanced IT Monkey ✭✭✭

It might be that Outlook ESET Endpoint Security (EES) manipulated the header of Email1 its Attachment2 in the mailbox I have mapped in my Outlook after SCSM MS Exchange connector processed the first version of Email1 + Attachment2, I don't know. I just wanted to know if it's something local in our environment (with ESET product deployed on clients + Exchange server) or the connector is manipulating headers of e-mails in ticket attachments...